    opens up. My hard drive is not full. Once the dialogue opens I can save
    OK.

    Thanks for any ideas....

    BillJosephson, Dec 20, 2006

  2. BillJosephson

    Evan Platt Guest

    What operating system? How much memory? What directory are you trying
    to save to? Are there lots of files in that directory? Try saving to a
    different directory (most apps remember the last directory used and
    save there.

    Evan Platt, Dec 20, 2006

  3. Thanks for the reply. I'm using winXT, and it doesn't matter where I
    try to save it.

    BillJosephson, Dec 21, 2006
  4. BillJosephson

    Evan Platt Guest

    Ok, so I'm assuming you mean Windows XP.

    So.. on to the other questions I asked:

    How much memory do you have?

    What directory are you saving to? Are there lots of files in that
    directory?

    Make a new directory. Save files there.

    Evan Platt, Dec 21, 2006

  5. This turned out to be a program I had installed called QuickFolders.
    Somehow it started making open and save dialogues slow. I never use it
    so just deleted it. I discovered this by using msconfig and
    systematically eliminating subsets of programs that start at boot.

    BillJosephson, Dec 22, 2006
  6. BillJosephson

    Leythos Guest

    Often times it can also me mapped shares that no longer exist and other
    mapped items (like shared printers your computer can't reach any more).

    Leythos, Dec 22, 2006