Successor to the 8800GTS is the 8800GTS....

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by thingy, Nov 21, 2007.

  1. thingy

    thingy Guest

    thingy, Nov 21, 2007

  2. thingy

    thingy Guest

    hmm it is/was rumoured that there would be a 1gig 8800gt, maybe it will
    be the memory configuration of this new 8800gts instead....

    regards

    thing

    thingy, Nov 21, 2007

  3. thingy

    thingy Guest

    thingy, Nov 21, 2007
  4. thingy

    Dave N Guest

    Just had a computer spend-up and got an 8800 GTX 768 MB along with other
    goodies (I'm at an age where the saying 'you can't take it' with you has
    meaning!) - this is an impressive card. Had the choice of an MSI factory
    overclocked sucker with a one year warranty or an Asus standard one with a
    three year warranty - I went the conservative way (had to wait 2 weeks
    though). A previous poster mentioned there are not many of the 8800 GTs
    around and what is happening at the moment (according to my supplier) is a
    shipment comes in (probably a small shipment) and they are disappearing out
    the door very quickly. Same thing with the bigger Viewsonic monitors.
    Cheers all
    Dave N

    Dave N, Nov 21, 2007
  5. thingy

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh interweb Dave N typed:
    LOL. My parents are off in Tasmania for a couple weeks at the moment, on
    what my sister calls a SKI holiday. Spending Kids Inheritance.
    I put a Gigabyte 8800GTX/768MB GDDR3 in a machine for a mate a couple weeks
    ago. Nearly $800, acts like a fan heater (double slot, blows out the back)
    but he tells me it's impressive.

    Cheers,

    ~misfit~, Nov 21, 2007
  6. thingy

    Bobs Guest

    i acutally managed to get a 8800GT from QMB Computers in Onehunga for
    about 470 incl gst. Came with Company of Heroes too (released last
    year), which is apparently a brilliant game.

    Very happy with the performance.

    Bobs, Nov 21, 2007
  7. thingy

    Bobs Guest

    Fair enough though. My olds are loaded, have a 900k house all paid off
    among other things. I told them to blow it all. I can earn my own cash.

    Bobs, Nov 21, 2007
  8. thingy

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh interweb Bobs typed:
    Oh I agree. It's just my sister's sense of humour, gives the parents a
    ribbing.

    AFAIC I hope they spend every cent they have on enjoying themselves, they've
    earned it.

    ~misfit~, Nov 21, 2007
  9. thingy

    thingy Guest

    I'd go std especially as the overclocked ones seem little advanced on a
    std one with a wee bit of overclocking anyway.
    yeah, When I upgraded my cpu from a p4-2200Mhz to a AMD dual 6000+ I was
    gob smacked about how much better BF2141 looked...the 7600GT really
    flew....way way more impressive....a 8800gt or gtx will be a big
    improvement again....

    :/

    regards

    Thing