Subnetting My Network

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sivakishanv, Feb 25, 2013.

1. sivakishanv

sivakishanv

Hello,

We are a small company with a good network.
    There is a Domain Controller, DHCP Server and DNS Server. All the above are in a single machine.

We only have a flat network. We want to break the network into different subnets for testing purposes.

After searching a lot, I found only theoretical answers to my questions. No only actually explained it practically. All I want to how to do it in the machine practically and on which machines should I be making any changes?

It would be great if someone could let me know how to subnet my network into different subnets.

sivakishanv, Feb 25, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. sivakishanv

mattjonesits

Maybe I misunderstand your Q but probably the quickest simplest thing is to use Vlans to split up your network.

You need a VLan capable switch for this. Then you can assign different ports on the switch to different virtual networks.
    This obviously exposes a lot of other questions about DHCP, gateway and DNS per network.

mattjonesits, May 9, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question