    We only have a flat network. We want to break the network into different subnets for testing purposes.

    After searching a lot, I found only theoretical answers to my questions. No only actually explained it practically. All I want to how to do it in the machine practically and on which machines should I be making any changes?

    It would be great if someone could let me know how to subnet my network into different subnets.

    sivakishanv, Feb 25, 2013

  2. sivakishanv

    mattjonesits

    Joined:
    Apr 4, 2013
    Messages:
    13
    Likes Received:
    0
    Maybe I misunderstand your Q but probably the quickest simplest thing is to use Vlans to split up your network.

    You need a VLan capable switch for this. Then you can assign different ports on the switch to different virtual networks.
    This obviously exposes a lot of other questions about DHCP, gateway and DNS per network.

    mattjonesits, May 9, 2013