subnets for ESX environment at home

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by creol, Oct 20, 2012.

1. creol

creol

Hopefully someone can help me I am trying to setup an environment where I can have a VM environment and home network separate but VM's still accessible via RDP. I have included a simple drawing of the current environment. Basically I want to be able to RDP from any computer in the Home (192.168.0.1) network to the ESX (192.164.64.0) network. I need the vm's to be able to access the internet but I don't want them to be able to access any of the home systems since I have co-workers who will be accessing them remotely.

Currently I have the router redirecting the RDP port to the vcenter server which is a physical server in the 192.168.0.1 network and within the vcenter I can RDP to the AD vm server only because I created a dual nic for that VM. But I don't want all the other VMs to have a dual nic and access to my home environment. If my co-workers have to RDP into the vcenter server and then RDP into the VM that is fine. I just don't know how to restrict access to my home network.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!
    Creol

Attached Files:

creol, Oct 20, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question