Subject: Remote Access Connection (RAS) over satellite on XP3

Discussion in 'Wireless Networks' started by [email protected], Jan 27, 2010.

  1. Client Machine(where I connect from) - XP Service Pack 3, PcAnywhere 10.5/11.
    Host Machine(where I connect to) - XP Service Pack 3, PcAnywhere 11.

    When I connect using PcAnywhere 10.5/11 to a host machine, I have problem
    whereby the remote connection is super slow. When the connection is
    establised, you need to count of 20 - 30 before it gets to load other
    windows/screens/pages.

    For your information, how the host receive a signal is via satellite. So how
    I connect to the host basically, the remote access has to go through the
    satellite dish > Indoor Unit (IDU) > 3Com Switch > host machine.

    The response from Client to Host is very as you open a window, you can see
    that immediately on Host. But to see what you've opened in Host in Client is
    very slow (that is where you need to count of 20 - 30).

    My question is, how can I improve the connection of the remote accessing?

    Please note that, there is no way I can do a speed test as the Host Machine
    that I connect to is a Petrol Station - No access internet.

    Look forward to hear from anyone soon.

    Thank You.

    Regards, Shah

    [email protected], Jan 27, 2010

  2. Or more clear via VSAT (Very Small Aperture Terminal).

    Regards, Shah

    [email protected], Jan 29, 2010

  3. But it works fine with WinNT (I'm not sure what was done previously). Special
    parameters need to be added into the registry?

    Really appreciate your advice.

    Regards, Shah

    [email protected], Feb 3, 2010