[SU] ShootUp 2004 NORMS

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Double D, Nov 25, 2003.

  1. Double D

    Double D Guest

    Welcome to the ShootUp!

    ShootUp 2004 website: http://ShootUp2004.fotopic.net

    OBJECTIVE: to provide a semi-competitive photo activity for users of the
    rec.photo Usenet newsgroups.

    FREQUENCY: different theme each month (a.k.a. "KONCEPT")...announced one
    month in advance of when photos are posted to the gallery.

    PHOTOS DUE: on the 28th day of each month. Each monthly gallery will be
    posted on the 1st of each month, along with the new KONCEPT.

    PHOTO FORMAT: Digital or film images are allowed. High Quality. Color or
    B&W. Largest dimension 800 pixels. Please try to keep the file size as
    small as possible. Please keep image editing to a bare minimum. Images
    should appear to be as "out of the camera" as possible.

    NORMS:

    1. Photos must be taken during the 4-week (28 day) shooting period for
    each monthly KONCEPT (theme). All new KONCEPTs will be announced on the
    first of each month. After the KONCEPT is announced, participants will
    have until the 28th of the same month to submit their image.

    2. Only one image may be submitted each month by each participant.

    3. Participants must provide their real first and last name along with
    their image.

    4. Cocktails and discussion to follow each monthly KONCEPT at the
    rec.photo.digital Usenet newsgroup. All threads will begin with the [SU]
    prefix.

    CENSORSHIP POLICY: Each participant will have creative control over
    his/her own photo submissions. Please refrain from sending in anything
    pornographic, excessively violent, or extremely tasteless. There will be
    no single moderator; however, there will be a panel of five individuals
    appointed to act as the BOARD OF DIRECTORS. These five individuals will
    vote about anything that becomes controversial (image removal, etc) or a
    problem. A majority vote of three Directors is required to remove any
    photo or amend any of these norms. Directors will be appointed to serve
    until they either post a resignation to RPD or until termination of the
    ShootUp...whichever comes first.

    INSPIRATION: We would like to thank Lisa Horton and Bret Douglas for
    their inspiration. Together, they pioneered the very successful weekly
    [SI] photo activity, commonly referred to in the rec.photo.equipment.35mm
    film group. [SI] can be considered to be the predecessor to [SU]. If it
    were not for the efforts of Lisa and Bret, [SU] would not be possible.

    Double D, Nov 25, 2003

  2. Double D

    Mr Blobby Guest

    Well don't keep us in suspenders! what's the Koncept?

    Mr Blobby, Nov 25, 2003

  3. Double D

    Double D Guest

    It is officially supposed to be announced on Dec 1. Perhaps I will
    announce the first Koncept a little early to give people a head start.
    Look out for a new thread with a [SU] prefix for the first Koncept. Also
    check the [SU] website: http://ShootUp2004.fotopic.net

    Double D, Nov 25, 2003
  4. Hi All -

    I've been using Photosmart printers going all the way back to the mid 90's
    when they first came out. I know have a 7350 which is much less 'clunky' and
    gives me excellent results.

    That said, here's my problem - I'm getting black streaking for an inch or
    two in several spots starting at the leading edge of the opposite side of
    the photo leading me to believe that part of the ink from the black
    cartridge accidently got on the rollers. Does anyone have any suggestions as
    to how to clean the rollers and with what cleaning material that won't
    damage the rollers or leave a residue (alcohol, Windex, ?) I think this
    happened when I'd accidently put in 4x6 paper yet the printer was set to
    print 8x10's.

    Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated -

    Will in San Francisco
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle.
    -anon

    Will Johnston, Nov 26, 2003
  5. Double D

    Mr Blobby Guest

    Can you tell me how to get rid of them ?

    :)

    Mr Blobby, Nov 27, 2003
  6. Double D

    Jeff Shoaf Guest

    You'll have to post a nice, sharp picture of the fleas somewhere so we can
    determine the type before we can tell you how to get rid of 'em...

    Jeff Shoaf, Nov 27, 2003
  7. Double D

    magpie Guest

    Bath dog in 99% Isopropyl alcohol. Kills em dead on contact. Do not
    let dog drink alcohol. Not sure what it will do for the dog though.

    Frank

    magpie, Nov 27, 2003
  8. Double D

    Peppa's Mum Guest

    [email protected]
    server.bigpond.net.au>,

    says...
    Can you tell me how to get rid of them ?

    :)

    Doggone - fleas gone!

    Peppa's Mum, Nov 28, 2003