[SU] LIST OF 2004 KONCEPTORS

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Double D, Dec 2, 2003.

  1. Double D

    Double D Guest

    -KONCEPTORS FOR 2004-

    JANUARY - Dick Drysdale (Already announced)
    FEBRUARY - Paolo Pizzi (Announcement due Jan 1)
    MARCH - Andrew Colquhoun (Announcement due Feb 1)
    APRIL - Svetlana Nevski (Announcement due Mar 1)
    MAY - David J. Littleboy (Announcement due Apr 1)
    JUNE - Steve Young (Announcement due May 1)
    JULY - Simon Wellington (Announcement due June 1)
    AUGUST - Richard Cockburn (Announcement due July 1)
    SEPTEMBER - Veronika Hagensen (Announcement due Aug 1)
    OCTOBER - Sarah LaBrea (Announcement due Sep 1)
    NOVEMBER - Thaddeus Lipshitz (Announcement due Oct 1)
    DECEMBER - George Preddy (Announcement due Nov 1)

    More information can be found on the recently updated ShootUp
    2004 website:

    http://ShootUp2004.fotopic.net

    Double D, Dec 2, 2003

  2. Double D

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Paul Heslop, Dec 2, 2003

  3. Double D

    Alan D-W Guest

    Well I won't be visiting this site again - trying to download some sort of
    spyware/adware, searchit toolbar?? Absolutely no bloody way. If I want to
    download something I will make the decision to do so, not have it forced
    upon me. Crap.

    Alan D-W, Dec 2, 2003
  4. Double D

    ßowser Guest

    Why not list the koncept on the site? What is the first koncept?

    ßowser, Dec 2, 2003
  5. It's on the first page that pops up.

    "Kandid Camera"

    Charlie Dilks, Dec 2, 2003
  6. Double D

    Double D Guest

    Hi. A few other people mentioned a pop up on the help pages. I can assure
    you that this was not placed there by me. This was apparently embedded in
    my pages by the free host that I am using for the help pages
    (http://www.dazzled.com). I am looking for another free host that does
    not use any pop ups. Any suggestions?

    According to dazzled.com, they do not put any pop ups on free websites
    they host. They are only supposed to place a single banner ad on the
    bottom of every page. I could have used Tripod, Geocities, or another
    free host. But they put banners on the TOP of every page plus pop up ads.
    I was attracted to dazzle.com because of their claim to not use popups
    and because they put their banner ads at the BOTTOM of every page instead
    of the top.

    If you notice how I did the [SU] website, you will see that the home page
    and gallery are hosted by Fotopic, and EXCELLENT host for images.
    However, they do not allow HTML pages so I had to use another host
    (Dazzled) for the help pages (Koncepts, Norms, Oligarchs, Submit, etc).

    DD

    Double D, Dec 2, 2003
  7. Double D

    Double D Guest

    I did! There is also a link to an entire section about monthly Koncepts
    on the home page. I will paste the info again:

    [SU] Koncept #1 - Kandid Camera

    Submit a photo with either a single person or multiple persons as the
    subject(s). The person(s) should not know that the photo is being taken
    until after the shutter is released. Try to capture a moment that may not
    have been captured if the subject(s) was aware of the camera.

    Be cautious. Don't get in any trouble.

    DUE DATE: December 28, 2003

    PLEASE SEND YOUR PHOTO AS AN ATTACHMENT TO: shootup *at* mailworks.org
    (put "SHOOTUP" in the email subject and your full name in the body)

    GALLERY WILL BE POSTED: January 1, 2004

    GALLERY WEBSITE ADDRESS: http://ShootUp2004.fotopic.net

    HOW TO SUBMIT AN IMAGE TO SHOOTUP 2004:

    1 - Make sure that you are sending an image that fits under the current
    monthly KONCEPT.

    2 - The image must be taken during the 28 day shooting period after the
    KONCEPT is announced. No old or archived shots are permitted. Of course,
    there is no way to prove this so we rely on your honesty. :)

    3 - The image must be no larger than 800 pixels on any given side.

    4 - Images should appear to be as "out of the camera" as possible. Please
    keep any image editing to a minimum.

    5 - You must submit the following with each image:

    1 - Your first and last name, 2 - camera make and model, and 3 - whether
    the shot was digital or film (all required)

    Suggested optional info: Aperture/Shutter settings, ISO, lens and focal
    length, any other EXIF data.

    6 - Must be a GIF or JPG file. Try your best to keep the file size below
    100K.

    7 - Please email your image as an attachment to shootup *at*
    mailworks.org (rename the file to su_firstname_lastname)

    EXAMPLE:

    Let's say your name is John Doe and you used a Canon G3 to take the
    photo. You name the file "su_john_doe" and in the body of the message you
    write "John Doe, Canon G3, Digital" plus any other optional info you
    decide to submit.

    Double D, Dec 2, 2003
  8. My ISP, verizon.net, gives me 10MB free web space. You might want to
    check with yours. The few people who have visited my site said that
    there were no popups.

    Charlie Dilks, Dec 2, 2003
  9. Double D

    ßowser Guest

    Hmmm...

    It didn't load at work, but loads at home. Is there some spyware on this
    site? The filters at work would intercept it.

    ßowser, Dec 2, 2003
  10. Double D

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    I don't think it's Dick's fault, stuff like that sometimes
    happens with free hosts. All you have to do is click
    on "no" and no harm is done.

    Paolo Pizzi, Dec 2, 2003
  11. Double D

    Steve Young Guest

    Free hosting service can be a surprise minefield.
    Some changes were made and it appears to have been resolved. How does it work
    for you now Alan? Is it OK?

    Steve Young, Dec 3, 2003
  12. Double D

    Steve Young Guest

    After the change that was made today, the pop-up annoyance should be gone. How
    does it work for you now Charlie?

    Steve Young, Dec 3, 2003
  13. No popups now. I never did see any security breaches.

    Charlie Dilks, Dec 3, 2003
  14. Double D

    Alan D-W Guest

    Well done Steve, that's done the trick. Now, where did I put my camera?

    Alan D-W, Dec 4, 2003
  15. Double D

    Steve Young Guest

    Actually, it was Double D who made the changes, so the 'well done' goes to him.

    Thanks to both you and Charlie for rechecking it.

    Steve Young

    Steve Young, Dec 4, 2003