    This Sony monstrosity. It certainly isn't an H4D-60.
    < http://www.hasselblad-lunar.com/ >[/QUOTE]

    So it's a NEX-7 with an Hasselblad logo? Too bad. :/

    Sandman, May 28, 2013

  2. RichA

    Mort Guest

    So it's a NEX-7 with an Hasselblad logo? Too bad. :/
    [/QUOTE]
    Did you look at the price tag? That is really too bad. The fall of the
    mighty.

    Mort Linder

    Mort, May 30, 2013

  3. RichA

    J. Clarke Guest

    I dunno. Leica does something similar with Panasonics--not to that
    extreme though--and Leica has hardly "fallen".

    J. Clarke, May 30, 2013
  4. RichA

    Sandman Guest

    Did you look at the price tag? That is really too bad. The fall of the
    mighty.[/QUOTE]

    Indeed, but this kind of rebranding is not uncommon. It's like the Aston
    Martin Cygnet, the small hatchback they released back in 2011 just to
    conform to some EU emission regulations. The Cygnet was a Toyota IQ with
    a new grille and that's pretty much it. It cost three times as much as
    the Toyota, in spite of being identical.

    The price difference between the Hasselblad and the NEX-7 is even
    larger, but Hasselblad insist they have the same margins on the Lunar as
    on their other cameras and that they're just using better quality
    material. I don't know what that's supposed to mean. Given the name - is
    it space safe? Will NASA use it on the moon? :)

    Sandman, May 30, 2013
  5. RichA

    Sandman Guest

    What about Hasselblad's claim about the margins on the Lunar not being
    higher than their other models (or even other brands, interestingly)?

    They stress that it's not a rebranding, that yes, the Lunar contains
    components from Sony but it's supposedly

    http://tinyurl.com/cz9njlv
    "...we're not robbing people by making a huge profit on the camera.
    Our profit margin is the same as everyone else's; we're just using
    more expensive materials."

    Still, ยค5,000 is amazingly expensive. It's what I paid for my D3s when
    it was released.

    Sandman, May 30, 2013
  6. RichA

    J. Clarke Guest

    The question is whether they are using more expensive materials where it
    affects function or durability, or are they just putting a gold shell
    around it?

    J. Clarke, May 30, 2013
  7. RichA

    Sandman Guest

    The question is whether they are using more expensive materials where it
    affects function or durability, or are they just putting a gold shell
    around it?[/QUOTE]

    Yeah, I had that thought too.

    In the end, the target group for this is surely Hasselblad owners that
    doesn't want a Panasonic in their go-bag, but want to flaunt their
    camera brand even when on vacation :)

    Sandman, May 31, 2013
  8. [Hasselblad rebranded camera]
    If that matters to you, you're currently wearing out cameras
    the way other people wear out thin socks and cannot buy/carry
    a spare planning for your camera's planned demise (or buying
    spares costs more than buying the rebranded Hassi).
    For all I know they're not even gold-plating their name ...

    -Wolfgang

    Wolfgang Weisselberg, May 31, 2013
  9. RichA

    Sandman Guest

    Haha! :)

    Sandman, Jun 1, 2013
  10. RichA

    J. Clarke Guest

    All right, since you seem to think that FUNCTION does not matter and
    DURABILITY does not matter in a camera, what exactly DOES matter in your
    opinion?
    Well when you actually do know something get back to us.

    I'm curious--in your real life how often do you get punched out for no
    reason that you can comprehend?

    J. Clarke, Jun 1, 2013
  11. RichA

    J. Clarke Guest

    My auntie bought the Lincoln equivalent, the Versaille, which was a Ford
    Granada with Lincoln badges and a different paint job.

    J. Clarke, Jun 1, 2013
  12. RichA

    PeterN Guest

    I looked at that car, took a test drive, and declined.

    PeterN, Jun 1, 2013
  13. RichA

    Tony Cooper Guest

    The Cadillac dealership that I purchased my Sedan de Ville from in the
    80s furnished a loaner car when a customer took their car in for
    service. I was given a Cimarron once, and found that putting the car
    in PARK forced my knuckles against the radio tuner controls. Every
    time I did this, it changed the station.

    Tony Cooper, Jun 1, 2013
  14. That it gets me my photos and doesn't get in the way.

    Add to that that I can't see that Hassi having more/better
    function through more expensive materials (otherwise that may
    be a factor), and that most cameras do have enough durability
    for most people already, then you see where I'm coming from.

    Well, why don't you? You didn't have anything you knew in
    the post I answered to, it seems, and it didn't stop you.
    I don't even get punched for reasons I can comprehend.

    Maybe you should work harder at your anger management.

    -Wolfgang

    Wolfgang Weisselberg, Jun 1, 2013
  15. RichA

    J. Clarke Guest

    So what one word would you associate with this property?
    Yeah, I see you're coming from arguing for the sake of argument.
    Because I'm not making an assertion, you in a backhanded way were.
    So you don't get out much?
    What difference will my "anger management" make to those around _you_?

    J. Clarke, Jun 1, 2013
  16.
    Chris Malcolm, Jun 2, 2013
  17.