    An ad for Ford pickups is obliterating most of the MSN.com home page. Can't
    seem to get it to move. Any ideas on (1) getting rid of this thing and (2)
    making sure it never comes back?

    Bob Benton, Sep 4, 2003

  2. Click on the "close ad" button in the bottom right hand corner ?

    Steven Pilbeam, Sep 4, 2003

  3. Bob Benton

    Bob Benton Guest

    It would be dandy if there were a Close Ad button in the bottom right hand
    corner of my screen, but no joy. More info: I don't pay for MSN service,
    I've simply chosen MSN.com as my home page. I doubt that I'm the only one
    having this problem.

    Bob Benton, Sep 4, 2003
  4. I just went to the site and there is a close ad tab on the corner of the
    pop up

    Steven Pilbeam, Sep 4, 2003
  5. Bob Benton

    Don Salter Guest

    Ha ha, yeah that dumb thing... really makes you wanna buy a Ford don't it?

    I have a popup blocker, but it don't work.... likely since it's not a popup
    perse..... well, i'm useless... sorry.

    Don Salter, Sep 4, 2003
  6. Bob Benton

    Galaxy Guest

    Try . ctrl /add/ del.

    Galaxy, Sep 4, 2003
  7. Bob Benton

    Galaxy Guest

    Oops, tee hee, meant ctrl / ALT / del .. sorry.

    Galaxy, Sep 4, 2003
  8. Bob Benton

    bb3 Guest

    After you use Steven Pilbeam's advice to close the ad, do a Google search
    for "pop-up stopper". There are plenty of them out there to choose from.
    Or install a firewall that has pop-up blocking capabilities (Outpost from
    www.agnitum.com has one that I use...I didn't even see the ad on the MSN
    site).

    bb3, Sep 4, 2003
  9. Bob Benton

    Mellowed Guest

    Don't use a Home Page. Select Blank page as your home page. Why load
    something you don't want to see every time you log on.

    : It would be dandy if there were a Close Ad button in the bottom right hand
    : corner of my screen, but no joy. More info: I don't pay for MSN service,
    : I've simply chosen MSN.com as my home page. I doubt that I'm the only one
    : having this problem.
    : : >
    : > : > > An ad for Ford pickups is obliterating most of the MSN.com home page.
    : > Can't
    : > > seem to get it to move. Any ideas on (1) getting rid of this thing
    : > and (2)
    : > > making sure it never comes back?
    : > >
    : > >
    : > Click on the "close ad" button in the bottom right hand corner ?
    : >
    : >
    :
    :

    Mellowed, Sep 5, 2003
  10. Bob Benton

    Zknb Guest

    Uninstall Shockwave Flash

    All them stupid ad-overs will go away...

    Zknb, Sep 5, 2003
  11. Bob Benton

    mhicaoidh Guest

    Taking a moment's reflection, Bob Benton mused:

    | I doubt that I'm the only one having this problem.

    You may be. Just loaded the page, and didn't see any ad anywhere.

    mhicaoidh, Sep 5, 2003