    straight. Does anyone have a tried and true method for how to handle
    questions such as these? I'm going back to the books, but I would appreciate
    some study and exam taking tips.

    conner172, May 9, 2004

  2. conner172

    Mike Guest

    Im with you there. I spent a good 3 months reviewing my
    books etc. for the 290 exam, opened some test questions
    and also failed misserably. I see going through questions
    has helped a ton, finding out why the answer was whatever
    it was has helped me understand more. I am taking my exam
    this morning just to see if that has really helped,
    unfortunately there are only so many test questions and
    if I read the same ones again I think im going to puke. I
    see there are tons of questions on the net but watch out
    for those a lot of the times the answers are wrong so if
    you do use those questions research each question,
    understand it and do not ever assume the answers they
    gave are right. Rather avoid anything to do with them,
    Prometric have a recommended test preperation site, that
    seems pretty reliable.

    Good luck...

    Mike, May 10, 2004

  3. conner172

    Guest Guest

    You ned to drill down on the exam objectives. A good source for the domain objectives is he MS-Press books for self study. PArt II of the self paced guides are exam preparation. Each exam objective is covered. It is best to understand the material. I found after reading the book and MOC and several others i still was not reaching proficiency. That's with hours of hands on as well, Going thrpough PART II answering the questions then looking at the answers reading the explanations and taking notes on the explanations, creating my own study review guides. I have used sybex, New riders, MS-press, Coriols, Dummies and others not relying on any one source except hands on hours of study.

    The exams are not meant to be eas. I have not used measure up much but have used SELFTEST and found them to be extremely helpful. I to date on;y failed one exam 70-229 and an Associate MCT refered to 229 as some twisted form of evil
    hang in if you think you got the mustard.

    The idea is the cert is valuable because it is har

    reg

    Guest, May 10, 2004
  4. conner172

    Mike Guest

    What a crock of sh1t
    Months of hard work for a Money making ripoff scam.
    Prometric can officially kiss my ........ What the hell
    was with the programming and the slow slow slow test.
    Dont bother with books, MSPRESS has maybe 1/10th of what
    was in that exam. I suggest going through the MSPRESS
    book and then drilling down into each word, remembering
    each phrase, character and how each word links with each
    sentence etc etc etc. Then spend a few months working in
    a live enviroment and capture every screen into your
    photographic memory. Maybe then go sit this exam.
    I work with this crap all day every day, its the most
    useless exam that will not benefit anyone ever.

    Maybe this is the reason there are so many fake MCSE's
    Go with the experienced and proven rather than the flacky
    paper.

    Mike, May 10, 2004
  5. You sound bitter. Are you bitter?

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, May 10, 2004
  6. conner172

    Neil Guest

    is it possible Mike didn't pass?

    Neil, May 10, 2004
  7. conner172

    Mike T. Guest

    Hell, I'M bitter, and I didn't even take the test.

    Mike T., May 10, 2004
  8. conner172

    Mike Guest

    You guest it - 694 / 700 Bitter is not the word.. hahaha
    But thats how the cookie crumbles so I must deal with it,
    Monday I write again.

    Mike, May 10, 2004
  9. Don't complain, because I suspended with 695 of 700, with an exam that is
    not good to see our knowledge, it is good to made a mistake, or so that
    people are studied the questions by heart.
    This you this transforming into a wrong business.
    It is not necessary to wait 14 days examine you again?

    Eduardo Escudero, May 11, 2004
  10. conner172

    Lost Guest

    ??????????????????????????????????
    WTF

    Lost, May 11, 2004
  11. conner172

    JaR Guest

    Translated with Babelfish, right?

    Just a guess.

    JaR
    BabelThug

    JaR, May 11, 2004
  12. conner172

    Guest Guest

    ----- JaR wrote: ----

    Translated with Babelfish, right

    Just a guess

    Ja
    BabelThu

    Ahhh, I could go on for hours and hours regarding the vagaries of Vogon poetry.

    Would you like to hear one, it only takes upwards of 72 hours to recite one of my
    short ones?

    Guest, May 12, 2004
  13. conner172

    JaR Guest

    Ummm...

    Oh freddled gruntbuggly,
    Thy micturations are to me
    As plurdled gabbleblotchits
    On a lurgid bee.
    Groop, I implore thee, my foonting turlingdromes And hooptiously
    drangle me
    with crinkly bindlewurdles,
    Or I will rend thee in the gobberwarts with my blurglecruncheon See if
    I don't.

    JaR, May 12, 2004
  14. conner172

    Guest Guest

    That was beautiful, it made me well up and then poo in my trousers.

    Guest, May 12, 2004
  15. No, with Power Translator Pro.
    me you not to express me so well in English
    version 7.
    JAJA

    Eduardo Escudero, May 12, 2004
  16. conner172

    david Guest

    Te tocara hablar spanish haber si alguno te entiende.
    jeje

    david, May 12, 2004
  17. conner172

    Guest Guest

    Yeah Reg, I hear you. I'm getting a little ticked off that there are still people who want to cheat via Braindumps etc. Here I am working my tail off and these Bozos will probably get certified before me, take my job, and not be able to fix anything

    Guest, May 12, 2004
  18. conner172

    bar

    Joined:
    Oct 20, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    i passed strata,a+,n+,mcdst,mcts,sec+ but also failed the 290, i think in all 5 areas so i bought lots and lot of stuff from selftest, preplogic , and mesureup and also bought the latest book from MS and are hoping to write and ppass in 30 days, i have more than 20years experience in computers but still failed :( . hope better luck next time

    bar, Oct 20, 2011