study time required for exams, average?

Discussion in 'MCSD' started by Peter Row, Jun 9, 2005.

  1. Peter Row

    Peter Row Guest

    Hi,

    I am hoping to take the MCSD.NET exams using C# and the SQL Server design /
    implementation elective exam.
    I have about 1-2 years .NET experience mainly in VB.NET but have worked in
    the last year for about 6 months in C# which I much prefer to VB (even
    having started with VB3, 5 and 6). I have done a bit of ASP.NET but mainly
    with HttpHandlers/Modules, but mainly desktop apps.
    I have used SQL Server 2000 a fair bit and my weakest points would probably
    be optimisation, security and DBA.

    Based on the above and your experiences how long would you say I'd need to
    study for each of the 5 exams.
    I think probably the longest on the web and SQL ones I think, about 1-2
    months 5-10 hours a week; I'm just trying to get some sort of idea of actual
    time to indicate to my bosses.

    Regards,
    Peter

    Peter Row, Jun 9, 2005

  2. Peter Row

    CCThai Guest

    Why do you say it's better to make an appointment first? You mean it takes
    time for the exam to be scheduled? Like 2-3 months from registration to
    taking exam?

    CCThai, Jun 10, 2005
  4. Peter Row

    EggHead Guest

    No, you can even schedule an exam in the same day if seat is available.
    Just by knowing the exam date, I will read the materials instead of watching
    TV or playing video game :)
    As I said, I am lzy
    Egghead

    EggHead, Jun 10, 2005