Study materials for 70-290 ?

Discussion in 'MCSA' started by Pascal Duchemin, Jun 29, 2005.

  1. Hello,

    This is a subject that is not new in this newsgroup and I have been
    reading the posts related to these, however based on my "experience" I
    have a couple questions.

    I studied for the 70-290 using the MCSE Self-paced training kit from
    MsPress. I bought the book last october but only started study a month
    and a half ago.

    I was aware of the "new" test format that MS was going to apply
    beginning of April but still decided to take the test thinking that what
    I knew from the book and the practice tests that were on the CD provided
    with the book should be enough.

    I unfortuntaly failed with a 600 ( which it's pretty bad since I guess
    it represents a 60% ).

    Some of the questions in the real test could definitely not be answered
    by the MsPress book, it's as if the book I have was outdated for the
    test I took on some subjects.

    Then I downloaded ( not for free ) a practice exam from the measureup
    website on 70-290 and realized that the questions there were in that
    exam were more similar to the questions I had in the real test than the
    ones in the book I purchased.

    Davin Eastley in a month old post "70-290. Cannot Pass and need advice"
    suggested a book from QUE, MCSA 70-290 training guide.

    My questions are:
    - Should I just redo all my studies pretty much from scratch and get the
    QUE book ?
    - Fortunately I signed for the 2nd shot deal, after studying the
    practice exam I just downloaded from measure up could I just consider
    myself ready for the test and take it asap ?

    Thanks for your advices

    Pascal Duchemin, Jun 29, 2005

  2. Hi
    last week MeasureUP upgraded the test for 70-290
    try to download new vesrion (upgrade should be free), it is more closer to
    real exam.

    Armen Kirakosyan, Jun 29, 2005

  3. Thanks a lot for your advice !

    Pascal Duchemin, Jun 29, 2005
  4. I have plenty material . Just tell me which 1 u want..Send me e-mail at

    ChEerS,

    Amey Abhyankar., Jul 8, 2005
  5. Pascal Duchemin

    Tauruslasher Guest

    Hi Amey,
    Can you share to me the materials you have i am planning also to the 70-290
    but i have no budget to buy books just relying to the resource available in
    the net plus actual hands on. My email address is

    thanks

    Tauruslasher, Jul 14, 2005
  6. Pascal Duchemin

    T-Bone Guest

    I would recommend not dealing with ashfarkers like Amey.

    I would also recommend not posting your real email address all over the
    internet.

    Oh well, you'll probably be hearing from Swen soon.

    T-Bone, Jul 14, 2005
  7. Pascal Duchemin

    CBIC Guest

    I would also recommend not posting your real email address all over
    My spam-pot, doesn't get any swen. Just lots of
    419'ers and phishing.

    CBIC, Jul 14, 2005
  8. Pascal Duchemin

    Briscobar Guest

    In
    Did someone call for a scambaiter?

    --
    KB

    MCNGP #26
    nerd32768 looks up porn on the internet all day. Then he visits
    www.mcngp.com.

    Briscobar, Jul 14, 2005
  9. Pascal Duchemin

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa, CBIC spewed across the ether:
    Swen appears to have gone to bigger and better things. I think he's doing
    browser hijackers these days. Swen...meet Aurora. BAstiges!

    JaR, Jul 14, 2005
  10. Pascal Duchemin

    bob Guest

    What's Swen???

    bob, Jul 15, 2005
  11. Pascal Duchemin

    T-Bone Guest

    It was a virus that sent itself out to addresses harvested from usenet. As
    CBIC said, it seems to have gone by the wayside, now all that seems to work
    off usenet addresses is scammers and spammers. Farging iceholes (continuing
    JaRs theme).

    T-Bone, Jul 15, 2005
  12. Pascal Duchemin

    CBIC Guest

    On that note, I've taken after you and I'm in correspondence with a Peter
    Tambo. We're both gonna be rich!!!!!!!!!111111111111!!!!!!!!111111

    CBIC, Jul 15, 2005