    Here is a link to the three.

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/paallin/

    Thanks!

    acprkit, Sep 4, 2007

  2. acprkit

    Marty Fremen Guest

    To be honest, the bird pictures are the weakest images you have on that
    page, they lack the graphic appeal of your other work. also none of the
    bird shots look sharp enough to bear much enlargement (though the overprint
    makes it a bit hard to assess them) so I doubt they have much competition
    or sale value.

    Composition-wise the greenish one is best as the subject is nicely isolated
    from the background (especially the bird's head stands out), but due to the
    dim lighting there's a lack of detail in the shadowy figures of the birds
    & nest, and the greenish light means you don't get to appreaciate the nest
    material which shows up better in the other shots.

    In nature shots, unless the composition is so artistic as to render the
    subject matter largely irrelevant, you need good detail and lighting of the
    subject matter to reveal the aspects of interest to bird lovers etc. such
    as nest construction, plumage, habitat etc. In this respect the first two
    shots score over the final one since the nest construction shows up well.

    Marty Fremen, Sep 4, 2007

  3. acprkit

    Allen Guest

    The color imbalance in the third one makes it unacceptable; I really
    couldn't tell much about the other two because of the text overlay. I
    hope that sometime I will find a hummingbird nest that accessible; most
    of the ones I've encountered are up too high for me to see much except
    tiny little beaks protruding above the rim.

    Not many people ever see the internals of a pipe organ, which are quite
    complex devices. Are you also a musician?
    Allen

    Allen, Sep 4, 2007
  4. acprkit

    acprkit Guest

    Hi

    Yes, also my church is installing a massive organ, so I have had the
    oppertunity to explore and take pictures.

    www.westside.org

    acprkit, Sep 8, 2007
  5. acprkit

    Allen Guest

    A few years ago my church installed a new organ; I was the chair of the
    committee that selected a builder. In the course of our work we listened
    to many organs and explored the internals of several of them. It was a
    very interesting project; people who think that some photo gear is
    complex should see what goes on behind the pipes of a 550-rank organ
    (the largest we saw, and much, much bigger than the one we had built).
    Allen

    Allen, Sep 8, 2007