    Why can I connect to the router but not get a internet connection? I've
    tried with three different routers have and reset each one. I can't move
    the router w/ internet closer to the shop because it's int he house.

    HotRod, Nov 20, 2006

  2. Hi

    The Wireless system might display words like Good signal and connected but
    that does not mean that you have a real viable connection.

    If you have a real viable connection, you should be able to log to the
    Wireless Router Menus through the Browser.

    The 45% Signal strength might be noisy and thus you cannot form a viable
    connection.

    http://www.ezlan.net/wbars.html

    May be this can help too, http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html

    Otherwise, you have to start with the Wireless Client near the Wireless
    Router, and when configured correctly and working well, add hardware to
    extend the Wireless coverage.

    Wireless Bridging - http://www.ezlan.net/bridging

    Hi Gain Antenna - http://www.ezlan.net/antennae.html

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Nov 20, 2006

  3. HotRod

    HotRod Guest

    Do you know of any other program that is better to use than Windows Zero
    Configuration (WZC)? Netstumbler will detect networks and show you all kinds
    of stuff but it won't allow you to connect to any of them.

    HotRod, Nov 20, 2006