StreamRipper - record streaming audio - questions

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by L Mehl, Jan 26, 2006.

  1. L Mehl

    L Mehl Guest

    Hello --

    Is StreamRipper limited to recording from ShoutCast?
    If not, how can I configure it to record off any URL which plays an audio
    stream?

    If so, can anyone recommend software which can record audio from any URL?

    Using StreamRipper on ShoutCast I get an error:
    StreamRipper Error
    ---------------------------
    HTTP:403 - Access Forbidden (try changing the UserAgent)

    Can anyone tell me how I can resolve this?

    Thanks for any help.

    Larry Mehl

    L Mehl, Jan 26, 2006

  2. L Mehl

    zarathustra Guest

    I used to use Total Recorder, but recently have been messing with
    Goldwave. Both will record _whatever_ audio is playing with the click
    of a button.

    As an aside, for video streams that just will _not_ comply (where even
    ASFRecorder fails :p), I've had startling results with WM Recorder/RM
    Recorder (at version 10.x when last I looked)

    zarathustra, Jan 29, 2006

  3. L Mehl

    L Mehl Guest

    Z --

    Thanks. That's what I want ... something that records whatever is playing.

    Larry

    L Mehl, Jan 31, 2006
  4. L Mehl wrote:

    Z --
    Are such questions much on your mind?

    Elizavita Chirkova, Jan 31, 2006

    What about your own mind?

    Elizavita Chirkova, Jan 31, 2006

    Have you asked anyone else?

    Elizavita Chirkova, Jan 31, 2006

    We were discussing you -- not me.

    Elizavita Chirkova, Jan 31, 2006

    Tell me more about that.

    Elizavita Chirkova, Jan 31, 2006

    Tell me more about that.

    Elizavita Chirkova, Jan 31, 2006

    That is interesting. Please continue.

    Elizavita Chirkova, Jan 31, 2006

    Does talking about this bother you?

    Elizavita Chirkova, Jan 31, 2006

    Elizavita Chirkova, Jan 31, 2006

    I'm not sure I understand you fully.

    Elizavita Chirkova, Jan 31, 2006

    You're not really talking about me -- are you?

    Elizavita Chirkova, Jan 31, 2006

    Tell me more about that.

    Elizavita Chirkova, Jan 31, 2006

    Elizavita Chirkova, Jan 31, 2006