    Anyone have any experience doing this? Problems, pitfalls, security
    issues?

    What is the safest way to do it?

    Pegleg, Jan 6, 2007

  2. It works. I like trendnet's flavor of this technology, although Dlink
    does a good job too. I think most of them allow you to password to
    protect the service (which runs as a web page) but it's up to you to
    create the port forward, as well as getting a static IP address or run
    a Dynamic DNS client if you want to view the service remotely over the
    web.

    Justin Brown - SYNACS, Jan 6, 2007