Streaming video of BBC News

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by n o s p a m p l e a s e, Jan 10, 2008.

  1. Is there any site that provides streaming videos of BBC news?

    n o s p a m p l e a s e, Jan 10, 2008

  2. n o s p a m p l e a s e

    Jim S Guest

    Jim S, Jan 10, 2008

  3. As the other poster said, you can get the headlines on the BBC News website.

    You can also watch some of the programs (not he actual rolling news) from
    the news channels on the iPlayer site.

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/

    I am not sure if people outside the UK can view streams from the iPlayer
    site, so if anybody outside of the UK can, please tell me.

    ss.

    Synapse Syndrome, Jan 10, 2008

  4. To the OP: It's the link on the top banner, if you missed it before.

    ss.

    Synapse Syndrome, Jan 10, 2008

  5. Okay, I just realised why the OP might have missed it on the BBC News site.
    You have to make sure that you have toggled on the UK version of the site,
    instead of the International version, to see the link on the top banner.
    This makes me wonder if the stream is available outside the UK.

    ss.

    Synapse Syndrome, Jan 10, 2008
  6. I am outside UK and it didn't work.

    n o s p a m p l e a s e, Jan 10, 2008
  7. n o s p a m p l e a s e

    sdlomi2 Guest

    I am outside UK and it didn't work.

    ...me too!

    sdlomi2, Jan 10, 2008

  8. Well, we pay quite a lot of money on the license fee to pay for the BBC (no
    adverts), so it wouldn't be fair for you to have it for free like that. :p

    What about the news stream (top banner on UK version)?
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/

    Does that work outside UK?

    ss.

    Synapse Syndrome, Jan 10, 2008
  9. n o s p a m p l e a s e

    Whiskers Guest

    Whiskers, Jan 10, 2008
  10. n o s p a m p l e a s e

    Mitch Guest

    So?
    Check who their broadcasting partners are, wherever you are, and look
    on that site.
    It should be obvious that there isn't going to be some site somewhere
    that has a live, constantly-updated supply of BBC videos that's bigger
    than what you'll get from the source.

    Mitch, Jan 11, 2008
  11. n o s p a m p l e a s e

    Martyn Dawe Guest

    I read somewhere that I player output is only available to UK Licence
    payers , who have paid for it.

    Martyn Dawe, Feb 21, 2008
  12. n o s p a m p l e a s e

    Kevin Guest

    To: Martyn Dawe
    Re: Re: Streaming video of BBC News
    By: Martyn Dawe to 24hoursupport.helpdesk on Thu Feb 21 2008 13:13:23
    That is indeed correct. They filter out by IP address so unless you have a
    UK based IP then you won't be able to access the iPlayer

    | Kevin - MMN SysOp | Windows95 (noun): 32 bit extensions and a |
    | www.mmn.to | operating system originally coded for a 4 bit |
    | telnet://mmn.name |microprocessor, written by a 2 bit company, that|
    | news://news.mmn.name | can't stand 1 bit of competition. |

    Kevin, Feb 21, 2008