    Windows Media Player nine
    BBC 7 (big toe radio show e.t.c.)
    Blueyonder Broadband I.S.P.

    Kev C, Jul 1, 2003

  2. Kev C

    slylittlei Guest

    .... it was Kev C , uttering these fateful
    words:
    I think you'll find that the BBC stations need RealPlayer - be *very*
    careful about installing it though - don't let it become the default player
    for everything as it's an aggressive & annoying beastie - I use a crippled
    version to play streaming Radio 4 with the same ISP as you, and I found the
    easiest thing was to put a shortcut to it on the desktop. ;-)

    slylittlei, Jul 1, 2003

  3. Kev C

    Shep© Guest

    Real player only does what you tell it.If you leave it to it's own
    devices it will do what most Media Players do and assume you want it
    to control your media.Choose the options you want on install or after
    install from the program's preferences.
    HTH

    Shep©, Jul 1, 2003
  4. Kev C

    Josef Knecht Guest

    Some of the older versions are less 'aggressive'. Here's a URL that
    may be of use to you:

    The RealNetworks Legacy Software Archive
    http://forms.real.com/real/player/blackjack.html

    HTH

    --
    zar 2k3 - ULC Reverend
    NuMbEr Tr3#3!!!!11! on a lits...

    - Panama!"

    - Guy Steele Jr., CLTL2

    Josef Knecht, Jul 2, 2003
  5. Kev C

    Slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Shep© continued:
    I find that after a while I forget what a pig it is, and reinstall it as a
    one-off, just to play one file. It takes longer to install and uncheck just
    about everything there is, than it does to view the file and uninstall
    again. I hate it more than...oooh something really hate-able that I can't
    think of at the moment.

    Slumpy, Jul 2, 2003