Strange Problem when a server is Present on the Network

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by TheChillPill, Jul 12, 2003.

  1. TheChillPill

    TheChillPill Guest

    I have the following configuration;

    BT Router (connected to BTOpenworld NoNat13)
    4x Windows XP Home Edition Computers (all running a static IP configuration)
    1x Windows 2000 Advanced Server with 2 Network cards both with a different
    static IP

    If the Win2k server is switched off, all computers can access the Internet
    without any problem, maintaining the connection permanently. Within 30
    minutes of me switching on the server, all of the XP systems fail when
    trying to connect to any website, messenger service etc. As soon as I
    switch off the server again, everything kicks back in.

    The W2K server is running IIS, Mailenable, Coldfusion MX & Power DNS.

    I had the same problem with my last server, but all hardware has been
    replaced and the only common software that was running on both was W2K Adv
    Server & Coldfusion MX.

    Has anyone come across this before, or have any idea what could be causing
    it?

    Many Thanks,

    Lee

    TheChillPill, Jul 12, 2003