    when looking through time, subspace anomlies that are not yet formed may
    appear. According to Star Trek NG finale, you took the picture here at three
    different time periods with the tachion beam on.

    Nibbler, Feb 22, 2004

  2. Here is a picture... isn't it something very strange conserning sharpness
    and resolution!?

    http://hem.fyristorg.com/morgano/HO30AX2.jpg

    Naturally it's awful.... it's taken through a spottingscope

    Digicam (secret for now)
    aperture ~5
    shutter 1/100
    iso100
    ~100mm
    focus eternity

    scope at 60x
    Much to weak 3-pod.... no adapter

    I'm wondering about the areas marked X... I don't say anything more...
    ..please comment on this. The pic has been sharpened a bit, also shrinked and
    a little compressed but the odd (?) effects were there also before that.

    Morgan O.

    Morgan Ohlson, Feb 22, 2004

  3. Nibbler

    Alan D-W Guest

    Focus eternity?? What a heavenly camera it must be.

    Alan D-W, Feb 22, 2004
  4. Nibbler

    Ed Ruf Guest

    With such a long focal length these appear to just be slightly out of focus
    from what I see.
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    http://members.cox.net/egruf
    See images taken with my CP-990 and 5700 at
    http://members.cox.net/egruf-digicam

    Ed Ruf, Feb 22, 2004
  5. Or, something on the sensor.

    Fred

    Fred A. Miller, Feb 23, 2004
  6. Nibbler

    Ken Oaf Guest

    Is the camera a Fuji 602Z?

    Ken Oaf, Feb 23, 2004
  7. Perhaps my RFV interest (rational future visions) whent a little to far
    ;o)

    Morgan O.

    Morgan Ohlson, Feb 23, 2004
  8. Yes... I find areas of the same distance to be of varying sharpness (and
    color!?).

    Is that even possible!? I don't think there was anything disturbeing
    the line of sight.

    I will reveal the digicam soon.

    Morgan O.

    Morgan Ohlson, Feb 23, 2004
  9. Nibbler

    Chris Brown Guest

    Is there something on the lens?

    Chris Brown, Feb 23, 2004
  10. Nope...it's clear!

    Morgan O.

    Morgan Ohlson, Feb 23, 2004
  11. Nibbler

    Quaoar Guest

    What I see is that the entire top half of the image is out of focus
    starting at a horizontal line just above the large bird's head. Is this
    a crop of a larger image? If so it would be good to see the entirety.
    I see this kind of muddying in telescope images I have taken with a
    jury-rigged adapter when the camera's focal axis is mis-aligned with the
    telescope's focal axis with jury-rigged adapters.

    Quaoar, Feb 23, 2004
  12. Nibbler

    Ol' Bab Guest

    A longish exposure, plus plenty of stiff eddying breezes. The telephoto
    collapsed the distance between the moving and not-moving patches of
    grass. ?? Maybe?

    Ol' Bab

    Ol' Bab, Feb 23, 2004
  13. It's the hole picture, only reduced pixels an slight jpg compression.

    Morgan O.

    Morgan Ohlson, Feb 23, 2004
  14. I have also trobled myelf with this some hours.,.... You must be right.

    Probably in combination with a camera movement. Some grass (and the
    water-ice) is moving with the camera and some against. Some sharpness is
    enhanced better than the bird and some is worse.

    That must be the case, I think!

    The digicam is rather new and has only showed good pictures so far....
    except for known blue fringeing in photos with strong backlight. You guessed
    probably right, it's a Canon s50. It's not ultimate, but definitely a
    quality product and a close shot to ultimate..

    Morgan O.

    Morgan Ohlson, Feb 23, 2004
  15. Nibbler

    KBob Guest

    First I'd guess wind gusts at varying distances. Another anomaly I've
    seen relates to aggressive on-camera anti-moire programs that smudge
    out detailed areas of similar color, such as an area with blades of
    grass. I'm thinking of a camera that does this, and it starts with a
    "K."

    KBob, Feb 24, 2004