Strange Lan to Lan problem(pix501/vpn3000)

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Martin_DK, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Martin_DK

Martin_DK

Hi There

We have a strange Lan to Lan problem.
    Its a Pix 501 and a VPN3000, it have worked perfectly for 2 years but now users are diconnected randomly.

When I do a ping from pix to vpn3000 or the other way without traffic on the tunnel its ok, but when I make a simple telnet "IP" 3050 the ping time out? also a RDP logon session to a server thought the tunnel gives timeout.
    It seems that one data session can ruin it for all the others.

We have 2 cisco technicians to look at the problem but they cannot find out what is wrong.

when using a VPN software client either way gives no problem, so its not the line.

Is there anyone who have seen this problem before?

Regards
    Martin

Martin_DK, Oct 22, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. Martin_DK

rlewisii

We have a similar setup using point to point Cisco router vpns and the Cisco vpn client for remote users. It has always been the case where after 2 hours or so the connections drop. But in the last few days I have been getting reports the remote vpn users are getting dropped randomly. I am running rasdiag to get additional information if I can reproduce the problem from my test machine over a dsl connection. Like to know what you find. Rick

rlewisii, Oct 22, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question