    in ALL sites, including the ones not accessible above. Grrrrrrrrrrr.....
    Help! Thanks.

    EW

    EW..., Jan 29, 2005

  2. EW...

    Paul - xxx Guest

    EW... composed the following;:
    Sounds like a problem with your ISP.

    Paul - xxx, Jan 29, 2005

  3. Or a browser hijacker. Does Netzero use it's own browser or your
    default?

    Swill

    --
    "Local Power Company, how may I assist you today?"

    "My power is going out."

    "Have all your lights gone?"

    "No, just the one in the refrigerator."

    www.userfriendly.org

    Governor Swill, Jan 30, 2005
  4. EW...

    EW Guest

    Netzero uses the default IE browser. And I'm confident that there's no
    browser hijack problem either. From what I've read and done, the problem is
    a DNS resolution problem somewhere in my settings. My ISP is not the
    problem, since I can access all the "inaccessible" sites using my alternate
    account (on a home broadband LAN) on the same computer from the same ISP.
    Something's weird in my dialup settings somewhere, but not to worry for now.
    Thanks for the reply.

    EW

    EW, Jan 30, 2005
  5. Ask your ISP for their DNS numbers and put them in your network
    settings for the connection. If that doesn't fix it, your ISPs DNS
    servers are slowly roasting over an open fire or there's a routing
    issue that changing your IP scope might fix.

    At work we run into a situation where a customer can't get to some
    sites. If it's usually random but often there are sites they can
    _never__ access OR there is a specific list of sites they can never
    reach AND they can reach _any_ https:// site they get this fix.
    Assuming a full and correct sequential powercycle and all correct
    trouble shooting have been done already, specify DNS on the affected
    computer(s). If this doesn't work, send to NOC (an agent will have to
    escalate via Tier 2 and will do so if cu requests / demands tier 2 or
    a supervisor) to ask if they will lock the cus IP while the modem is
    offline. When it's brought back up, DHCP is forced to cough up a
    different IP for that mac address. The IP can then be released for
    use on another machine (and so far doesn't seem to malfunction when
    it's on another computer. Sometimes it's necessary to lock a whole
    scope while resetting/pcycling the modem so the IP is from a different
    IP range altogether.

    Swill

    Governor Swill, Feb 1, 2005