    memory cards. Is taking the laptop my only solution or is there
    anything else i could do???

    Thank you in advance

    Tesh, Nov 12, 2003

  2. Tesh

    Don Coon Guest

    Don Coon, Nov 12, 2003

  3. Tesh

    Enough Guest

    iPod. 40 Gig PLUS your tunes to travel buy.

    Enough, Nov 12, 2003
  4. Tesh

    Mark Roberts Guest

    Mark Roberts, Nov 12, 2003
  5. Tesh

    stan Guest

    Take an estimate on how many photos you intend to shoot per day at
    the size you prefer. For a five month trip, you're talking about a
    lot of images, thus a lot of storage. I personally think your best
    bet is to bring along your laptop, lots of blank CD-ROM discs and
    mailers, then for each 600MB of photos, burn them two a disc and mail
    it back home.

    stan, Nov 12, 2003
  6. Tesh

    stan Guest

    stan, Nov 12, 2003
  7. Tesh

    Enough Guest

    Enough, Nov 12, 2003
  8. Tesh

    Robertwgross Guest

    I'm still amazed at the so-called solutions that some people suggest.

    The old Vosonics X-drive works good, lasts a long time, and it's not expensive.
    I bought the original version, added a hard disk, and I was out the door for
    less than US$140. No extras.

    ---Bob Gross---

    Robertwgross, Nov 12, 2003
  9. Tesh

    Ed E. Guest

    Ed E., Nov 12, 2003
  10. Tesh

    Jerry Nash Guest

    What about something like this? :

    http://www.dpreview.com/news/0301/03012801vosonicxdrive2.asp

    Jerry Nash, Nov 13, 2003
  11. Tesh

    mark herring Guest

    mark herring, Nov 13, 2003
  12. I used to be sober but now I am, Nov 13, 2003
  13. Tesh

    y_p_w Guest

    y_p_w, Nov 13, 2003
  14. Tesh

    HRosita Guest

    Hi,

    There are converters(?) where you can insert an XD card into and then insert
    the converter into a CF slot.
    Rosita

    HRosita, Nov 14, 2003