Stopping broadcasts but allowing some ports to see all of them

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by qwert2332, May 15, 2006.

1. qwert2332

qwert2332

I am a Hs student taking my CCNA and for our final we have to get broadcasts stopped but still allow some ports to see them. The reason for this is because of some software we will implement next year. The hardware we have at our disposal is 3 Catalyst 3550 switches, 5 2500 Cisco routers, and 2 Catalyst 1900 switches. Obviously, we arent going to need all that equipment but who knows the possiblities. The setup we have tried is putting 1 3550 as central node with the other two 3550 connected in different vlans. We then set up the center of the central node for trunking using 802.1q trunking. The computer connected to the trunk could ping its native vlan but i couldnt figure out how to get it pinging both vlans. If we can ping both vlans we can play CS and thus relax for the rest of the year. Be happy to give any more info.

qwert2332, May 15, 2006
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question