Stop the Foveon and Sigma Threads

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Mark Herring, Nov 22, 2003.

  1. Mark Herring

    Mark Herring Guest

    We've said this before and then regressed (I am among the guilty).

    Not only will I now stop responding to any thread that looks like
    Foveon, Sigma, or anything related....I'm going to stop reading them.

    For people who are new to this group, I think it would be good for
    everyone if we not give them the impression that the wide world of
    digital photography is all about Bayer vs Foveon. If someone asks, we
    can direct them to the Google archive, or (shudder) watch George and
    K2, and the other clowns respond, and then try to control our urge to
    once again put forward our views.

    But---as far as the current debates, I think it is time to accept that
    certain folks are not going to listen and learn---and are not going to
    give up their views. Maybe---just maybe---if we stop giving them so
    much attention, they will go find some other form of entertainment.

    -Mark
    **************************
    Mark Herring, Pasadena, Calif.
    Private e-mail: Just say no to "No".

    Mark Herring, Nov 22, 2003

  2. Mark Herring

    Mark B. Guest

    OK, now if we can prevent folks from starting "no more foveon" threads...

    Mark B., Nov 22, 2003

  3. Mark Herring

    lefty Guest

    and no more "no more 'no more foveon' threads" ;-)

    seriously ... if it goes on, at least put "foveon" in the subject line of
    all future trolls and flamewars so that i can filter them out with my
    reader. nothing is worse than opening up an innocuous looking message and
    finding that it is another spin on foveon.

    lefty, Nov 22, 2003
  4. Mark Herring

    dot Guest

    Thank you from a newbie lurker!

    dot

    dot, Nov 22, 2003
  5. Aw. These threads have been the most fun Ive seen in this group for a long
    time!

    Oh well.

    Timothy O'Connor, Nov 23, 2003
  6. Mark Herring

    Eric Gisin Guest

    The best way to stop it is do a proper FAQ where the experts get together and
    summarize their information. Start the faq with "this faq is a response to the
    misinformation in the group", and end it with the sigs of dozens of
    supporters.

    Eric Gisin, Nov 23, 2003