    Plextor PX-712A DVDR SATA
    Maxtor 6B200M0 SATA

    ???

    =?Utf-8?B?Q3RybC1aIFBsZWFzZQ==?=, Jul 17, 2005

  2. The CPC setting in the BIOS seems to be the culprit. The default setting is
    "Auto". I found that either "Auto" or "Enable" caused the BSOD on
    installation and also repeated reboots after installation. Setting to
    "Disable" made the installer happy as well made Windows happy after
    installation as well.
    http://www.experts-exchange.com/Operating_Systems/WinXP/Q_21441046.html
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 17, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?Q3RybC1aIFBsZWFzZQ==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    If Andre's suggestion doesn't work, try disconnecting your Plextor. I had a
    problem with it causing a freeze or BSOD when I was trying to use it and
    disconnected mine and has worked fine since.
    More information about what steps you have followed and how you are trying
    your set-up (raid/noraid) and exactly where you get your BSOD would help
    isolate the problem.

    John Barnes, Jul 18, 2005
  4. Guys,

    Thanks so much for your advice. John, it turned out you were right. My board
    has the 4 SATA ports plus 4 more SATA RAID ports. For some reason, my Plextor
    preferred being installed on the SATA RAID portwhile I was on XP 32bit. But
    when installing XP 64bit, the OS didn't like loading off the RAID drive.

    I probably could have loaded RAID drivers for x64, but I just plugged it
    into the SATA drive, updated my BIOS, and all was well.

    =?Utf-8?B?Q3RybCBaIFBsZWFzZQ==?=, Jul 21, 2005