    Neither do you have any SPA-3102's in stock according to the web site.
    Any idea when I'll be able to order one?

    Chris

    Chris Blunt, Oct 22, 2006

  2. Mark

    elk Guest

    That is the case, he isn't in the UK as he is giving the prices in euros. I
    believe in another thread he said he was in Spain.

    So his card company has to buy and sell him pounds for the transaction. As in
    all such transaction the buying and selling rates are not the same.

    elk, Oct 22, 2006

  3. They claim to be Future1 Systems Ltd, Hove, Brighton.
    I can't see any prices in euros.

    Andrew Gabriel, Oct 22, 2006
  4. Mark

    Tim Bray Guest

    There are 2 things messing things up at the moment.

    1) ProVu moved premises on Friday. So some stock that came in on
    Friday isn't booked onto the system. IVe no idea if 3102's were in this.

    2) Linksys moved their warehouse from The Netherlands to Czech. This
    has caused no end of delays getting things in.

    If you put an enquiry into provu, we'll call/email you when they come in.

    Tim

    Tim Bray, Oct 22, 2006
  5. Mark

    Mark Guest

    Its not my fault either, but I am the one short, so I am the one who
    should pay? Yes I am in Spain, and the funds came from a Spanish
    Credit Card account. But I thought we were all in the same EU club. My
    gripe is (and I would not normally argue over 2 Euro's) their web site
    told me they had stock, (I already explained that I cancelled an order
    with another company, because they were awaiting stock). So this was
    the main reason, I placed the order with them, When they later told me
    their web site had lied to me, that's when I asked for the refund, and
    that's when I started getting Shltty when they refunded me light!

    Mark, Oct 22, 2006
  6. Oh sorry, I thought you were saying broadbandstuff was spanish.
    Just realised it's Mark who is spanish (or at least in Spain).
    No idea what spanish credit card rules are (the french don't
    allow credit cards at all).

    Andrew Gabriel, Oct 22, 2006
  7. Mark

    JohnDW Guest

    Andrew Gabriel, in article <453bde96$0$626$5a6aecb4
    @news.aaisp.net.uk>, says...
    Yes, they do, I've one in my pocket, Mastercard issued by my
    French bank and billed in Euros.

    The problem the OP had was the original charge was made in GBP
    by a UK company to a Euro credit card. The recharge was also
    made in GBP to a Euro card. Unfortuanatley, the exchange rate
    had changed between the two transactions so the OP lost out.
    Happens all the time when dealing with such "foreign"
    companies located outside the Euro zone...

    JohnDW, Oct 22, 2006
  8. Mark

    Paul Guest

    Yes, SPA-3102s are in. The stock status on the website isn't real time,
    you're always best off phoning or emailing to find out if something is
    in or not.

    We have a few 3102s in at the moment but as Tim says, Linksys are short
    of stock in Europe at the moment.

    Paul.

    Paul, Oct 23, 2006
  9. Mark

    Chris Blunt Guest

    Yes, you are. The reason being that you were the one who chose to use
    a credit card billed in a different currency from the one the company
    who you bought from prices their goods in. By doing that you became
    exposed to the risks of currency fluctuations, just as anyone else who
    carries out business across currencies is.

    If you had used a credit card billed in Sterling the problem would not
    have arisen.
    We are, but we don't all use the same currency.
    I do agree they shouldn't really have told you they had the product in
    stock at the time they accepted your order if in actual fact they
    didn't.
    I'm not sure how you were expecting them to have handled it any
    differently. There's no way the company could have known what exchange
    rate your Spanish credit card company had used to initially charge you
    at. Neither could they have had any control over the rate used to
    credit your refund at.

    Chris

    Chris Blunt, Oct 24, 2006