    Does anyone have pointers on software and file formats for combining a
    series of stills into a movie? I've some ideas for time-lapse stuff but
    dealing with moving images is new to me. TIA.

    Hils, Jun 23, 2004

  2. Hils

    Hal Guest

    Hello Hil,

    I use Vegas Video 5 for all of my motion still work. I liked version 4, but
    the new version (5) is incredible. Make sure to read the manual and the
    update for version 5. Most importantly, use the recommended resolution
    values for your stills. Things will go much smoother for you.

    As far as idea, your pretty much limited to your own imagination
    (picture-in-picture, cross-fades, 3-d effects, etc, etc, etc,).

    You also may want to try posting to "rec.video.desktop" with this question.
    You may get a few unique ideas. Those folks are to video what these folks
    are to digital photography. There's a trememdous talent pool in booth.

    Best of luck!

    Hal Lowe
    http://hals.vstoremarket.com (HaloweGraphics SuperStore)
    http://www.halowe-graphics.com/tinc?key=0TmhZVQ5&formname=web_email
    http://www.halowe-graphics.com/photo.html (free original video textures &
    background MP3s)
    http://1and1.com/?k_id=7391019 (Best website host/great prices)

    Hal, Jun 23, 2004

  3. Hils

    Ed Ruf Guest

    JASC Animation Shop will take a series of still and allow you to save to an
    avi file
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    See images taken with my CP-990 and 5700 at
    http://EdwardGRuf.com

    Ed Ruf, Jun 23, 2004