    Can anyone help me out with this as this little problem has become a
    very large headache.

    Bryan

    Boxxa, Nov 17, 2006

  2. Boxxa

    Mike Jones Guest

    post your configs dude

    Mike Jones, Nov 17, 2006

  3. Boxxa

    Boxxa Guest

    Here is the configs... All internal vlan works but it will not allow me
    to use encapsulation to get off the vlan to ping pcs on the other.

    I have tried route statements and everything.

    ROUTER 2621 CONFIG:
    *************************************

    !
    Version 12.1
    service timestamps debug uptime
    service timestamps log uptime
    no service password-encryption
    !
    hostname Router
    !
    !
    !
    ip subnet-zero
    spanning-tree vlan 1 priority
    !
    !
    !
    !
    !
    !
    !
    !
    interface Serial0
    no ip address
    no ip directed-broadcast
    shutdown
    !
    interface FastEthernet0/0
    no ip address
    no ip directed-broadcast
    shutdown
    !
    interface FastEthernet0/1
    no ip address
    no ip directed-broadcast
    !
    interface FastEthernet0/1.100
    encapsulation dot1q 100
    ip address 10.10.100.1 255.255.255.0
    !
    interface FastEthernet0/1.200
    encapsulation dot1q 200
    ip address 10.10.200.1 255.255.255.0
    !
    !
    ip classless
    no ip http server
    !
    !
    !
    !
    line con 0
    transport input none
    line aux 0
    line vty 0 4
    !
    no scheduler allocate
    end

    SWITCH 2950 CONFIG:
    *************************************

    !
    Version 12.1
    service timestamps debug uptime
    service timestamps log uptime
    no service password-encryption
    !
    hostname Switch
    !
    !
    !
    ip subnet-zero
    spanning-tree extend system-id
    !
    !
    !
    !
    !
    !
    !
    !
    interface FastEthernet0/1
    switchport access vlan 100
    !
    interface FastEthernet0/2
    switchport access vlan 200
    !
    interface FastEthernet0/3
    !
    interface FastEthernet0/4
    switchport access vlan 100
    !
    interface FastEthernet0/5
    switchport access vlan 200
    !
    interface FastEthernet0/6
    !
    interface FastEthernet0/7
    !
    interface FastEthernet0/8
    !
    interface FastEthernet0/9
    !
    interface FastEthernet0/10
    !
    interface FastEthernet0/11
    !
    interface FastEthernet0/12
    switchport access vlan 200
    switchport trunk allowed vlan 1-1005
    switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
    !
    vtp Server
    vtp domain bigdomain
    !
    interface Vlan 1
    no ip address
    no ip route-cache
    !
    vlan 100 name vlan0100
    vlan 200 name vlan0200
    !
    ip classless
    no ip http server
    !
    !
    !
    !
    line con 0
    transport input none
    line aux 0
    line vty 0 15
    !
    no scheduler allocate
    end

    Boxxa, Nov 17, 2006
  4. Boxxa

    Brian V Guest

    What port on the switch is patched in to the router? Looking at your configs
    I'm guessing it's 0/12. If thats the case, you should not have "switchport
    access vlan 200"

    If it is 0/12 paste the following in:
    conf t
    int f0/12
    no switchport access vlan 200
    switchport trunk encap dot1q
    switchport mode trunk

    -Brian

    Brian V, Nov 17, 2006
  5. Boxxa

    Boxxa Guest

    I think its my simulator that is weird but if the port ins't in a vlan,
    any other vlan will not ping except 100. Therefore I actually put it in
    vlan 1,100,200 so I can ping the gateways.

    Any idea on the routing issue with the encapsulation? There is no way to
    route to sub interfaces with my simulator using ip route so would that
    be the case?

    Boxxa, Nov 17, 2006
  6. Have you set the default gateway on the PCs?

    Barry Margolin, Nov 17, 2006
  7. Boxxa

    Boxxa Guest

    Can you please post your Netsim Netmap and also the main file from
    saving multi device configs? I am still not able to ping between the vlans.

    Boxxa, Nov 17, 2006