still having problems with wirless router

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Enforcement Team, Feb 7, 2004.

  1. I have connected up my networking via my pc and notepad as it says on the
    task bar peer - peer excellent signal. I am using a D Link DWL - 122
    wireless connection http://www.dlink.com/products/?model=DWL-122 and its
    pulling
    my hair out. Basically I want to use my laptop a way from my PC and be
    connected to the internet Any helpers out there please.
    Acatell Modem, ADSL, BT Connection, & OS are both XP.

    The funny thing is I took it back the pc & laptop to the shop 4 times and he
    did all the Ip settings as he got it working at his place all the time I
    even took my alcatel old green stingray. At home I managed to get it to
    work for just a few moments as the share files transferred fine but no
    internet connection as it says cannot find server now this is where the pc &
    notepad are right next to each other when I next click on the share file is
    says: You might not have permission to use this
    network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if
    you have permission. The network path was not found.

    Please any helpers on this as each time I take it back to the shop its £7.50
    for his engineers to sort out and the manager says as its not the product at
    fault. Basically I went in the shop and asked for a simple wireless router
    to connect myself and its not doing that :-( Sorry guys for the long text
    but I am hoping someone can help me on this one.I am using this in my
    notepad :
    http://www.dlink.com/products/?model=DWL-650

    Cheers

    Enforcement Team, Feb 7, 2004

  2. Enforcement Team

    richard Guest

    Hiya,

    My buddy, Peter, has the same router. The drivers are broken. He had to
    use 650M drivers.

    Use the drivers from here:

    ftp://ftp.dlink.com/Wireless/dwl650M/Drivers/dwl650m_driver_101.zip

    richard, Feb 7, 2004