Still having problems with Dial-Up on Service Pack 2

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Vic, Jan 31, 2005.

  1. Vic

    Vic Guest

    I cannot go back to service pack 1 because this copy of windows comes with
    SP2. I have installed both Firefox and Netscape and the only difference is
    that I get an error message from the both firefox and netscape saying that
    the document has no data. Just to try to troubleshoot I enabled Internet
    Connection Sharing and the Windows 98 SE system can access the Internet with
    no trouble by going thru ICS on the Win XP Pro SP2 system. I tried
    uninstalling all the AntiVirus (I had Norton System Works 2004) but I was
    having this problem before I installed it, and I am still having this
    problem after I uninstalled it. I also installed the Java runtime 1.05 and
    the only thing I can find by surfing Microsoft was a .NET framework fix
    Microsoft knowledge base article 867460, I installed the following from the
    Microsoft download center
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...e3-f589-4842-8157-034d1e7cf3a3&displaylang=en

    The system runs beautifully except for the problem of connecting to some of
    these websites. Still unable to access msn.com, Microsoft.com, sun.com,
    Peachtree.com Any Ideas?

    Here are the complete system specs:
    Intel Prescott P4HT 3.0 GHz
    Intel D915GAVL Motherboard
    256 x 2 = 512MB Total (dual channeled) ram
    Seagate ST380013AS 80GB SATA Hard Drive
    Alps 1.44MB Floppy
    Lite-On 16x52x32x52 Combo Drive
    USR PCI Dial-Up Modem
    Using the Integrated Video/Audio/LAN
    Windows XP Pro SP2
    Norton System Works 2004
    Nero OEM Burning Rom
    Power DVD 5.0
    Windows Media Player 10
    Firefox 1.0
    Netscape 7.2
    Ad-Aware SE Personal 1.05
    Spybot Search & Destroy 1.3
    Office XP Professional

    Rollback to SP1 and see if that fixes it. If so, send the above and
    any other info you might think pertinent to M$. Load another browser
    (non IE based such as Mozilla or Firefox) and see if that has the same
    issues. Research the issue to discover what you can. If that browser
    change fixes it, be SURE to let Billy's Wunderkids know about it.
    hehe

    Swill

    --
    "Local Power Company, how may I assist you today?"

    "My power is going out."

    "Have all your lights gone?"

    "No, just the one in the refrigerator."

    www.userfriendly.org