    called eZ AntiVirus, others are saying to use eTrust, which has a firewall
    as well.

    Which to use?

    Sseaott, Jun 30, 2004

  2. Sseaott

    Rick Blythin Guest

    There are two main packages geared for home use:

    - EZ Anti-virus (anti virus only) - cheaper overall

    - EZ Armor (Anti virus & firewall) - Slight more expensive.

    http://www.my-etrust.com/

    If you don't need the firewall then go with EZ Anti virus 2005 version. If
    you want the firewall then go for EZ Armor, the firewall last I used the
    suite was contracted by Zone Alarm. They just but a different logo on it.

    EZ is under eTrust, which is owned by Computer Associates. eTrust is just
    the home user/small business line of products.

    Cheers,
    Rick

    Rick Blythin, Jun 30, 2004

  3. Sseaott

    Buffalo Guest

    Try the 'free' one year trial offer from MicroSoft. It includes the
    anti-virus and firewall.
    You can find it on the MS site or on the CD if you order the free MS
    Critical Update CD (free shipping included).

    Buffalo, Jun 30, 2004
  4. I have used VET antivirus for 6 years or more, and have found it to be
    reliable and stable, not causing any problems on either Win98 or WinXP.

    VET Antivirus, an Australian company, was brought out by Computer
    Associates, and, unless things have changed recently, EZ Antivirus and
    InnoculateIT are , under the hood, VET antivirus. The last time I looked
    at InnoculateIT, (on son's Windows ME machine, but this was some time
    ago), even the user interface looked the same as VET!

    Have a look here if interested. http://www.vet.com.au/

    [email protected]

    [email protected], Jul 1, 2004
  5. Sseaott

    Reid Decker Guest

    Etrust trial period is very short, then they want money after at most
    several days. I deleted them.

    Reid Decker, Jul 1, 2004
  6. Sseaott

    Rick Blythin Guest

    Reid,

    That's strange Etrust demo's are 30-days which I would consider the standard
    length. You must have had a corrupt installation or had a previous product
    installed that caused issues. I'm sorry you've had bad experience with them.

    Rick

    Rick Blythin, Jul 3, 2004