  1. Jim

    bert Guest

    The Dab radios I've seen also have a VHF receiver.

    bert, Aug 11, 2014

  2. Jim

    Kraftee Guest

    Ultimately your thru put speed is controlled by the servers you are
    connecting thru and to, as these can easily limit your speeds.

    A one shot speed test shows you the approximate speeds, but downloading
    multiple files, from a known source can show you what your service can
    really do. I 'max out' at around 56Mbps, not bad when it's officially only
    a 33Mbps ;-)

    Kraftee, Aug 12, 2014

  3. Jim

    Jim Guest

    I'm delighted to hear it, but who would want to
    listen to radio from Basingstoks, Newbury or Reading?

    Jim, Aug 12, 2014
  4. Not exactly.

    DAB will not provide an equivalent service.

    That doesn't mean it won't replace it :(

    Andy

    Vir Campestris, Aug 12, 2014
  5. Jim

    Jim Guest

    Indeed! Can't think where I'd get hold of multiple
    files even if I discard them afterwards.

    I'm not into TV and film downloading, I have a TV and
    VCR for that.

    Jim, Aug 14, 2014
  6. Jim

    Jim Guest

    They will, as soon as they can convince the
    Facebook generation that DAB is better than FM.

    Jim, Aug 14, 2014
  7. Jim

    Kraftee Guest

    If you think (really hard) I bet you will find a few sources (even if you
    have to lower yourself to downloading/streaming multiple U tube videos at
    the same time)

    Kraftee, Aug 14, 2014
  8. Jim

    Jim Guest

    YouTube, now that would be lowering myself, but thanks
    for the tip.

    Jim, Aug 16, 2014