Step by step help adding Hotmail Acct to Microsoft Outlook 2000

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by tahugo, Jun 25, 2006.

  1. tahugo

    tahugo Guest

    I have a subscription to Hotmail, so I am a paying customer, not a free
    one.

    In Micro. Outlook, I know how to get into Tools/Accounts/Add etc. The
    problem comes when it asks me about incoming and outgoing servers.

    I only get 2 options for incoming server. Either POP3 or IMAP. Which
    do I select and what do I enter?

    I get one choice for outgoing which is SMTP: What do I put in for
    that?

    I had my hotmail account working through Outlook on my previous
    computer -- but perhaps that was Outlook 2003 -- this is 2000. IS THAT
    THE PROBLEM????

    Please help -- I have been putting this off for months because each
    time I return to it, I get frustrated and say to hell with it.

    Thanks

    Tahago

    tahugo, Jun 25, 2006

  2. tahugo

    Pen Guest

    I use Outlook Express, but Outlook works
    similarly. The server type is HTTP. If
    that is not available, then try creating
    it
    in Outlook Express. Then just import the
    account into Outlook.

    Pen, Jun 25, 2006