    from the c.d. if someone could take the time to do this for me I would be
    very grateful.

    Thanking you in advance from Eddie in Scotland..

    Eddie, Dec 6, 2003

  2. Eddie

    Flying Rat Guest

    Eddie said this...
    why not just upgrade to XP? At least that way you can do System Restore
    if you make mistakes, and a reinstall is much easier.

    FR

    Flying Rat, Dec 6, 2003

  3. Eddie

    Boomer Guest

    Boggles! Why go with XP? He is better off with 2k from all I have
    read!!!!!!

    I hope a Win 2k'er steps in here!

    Boomer, Dec 6, 2003
  4. Eddie

    Flying Rat Guest

    Boomer said this...
    As a novice?
    Methinks not
    FR

    Flying Rat, Dec 6, 2003

  5. Your wish is my command. :D
    I really like W2K, and have never regretted
    choosing it over XP. If I had to go XP, I'd choose Pro over Home, but
    my W2K install has been so stable and trouble free that I have not
    missed the "System Restore" function, with its appetite for HD space
    and system resources. By the time W2K is no longer feasible, I'm
    hoping to be 100% spheniscated anyway.

    Max Quordlepleen, Dec 6, 2003
  6. Eddie

    Boomer Guest

    Sadly I had to set up a novice on XP. I would never wish XP on anyone.
    Win2k, yes. I don't have either. But from all I have read I would
    stop at Win2k. To each his own.

    Now... back to the OP's question please.

    Boomer, Dec 6, 2003
  7. Eddie

    Boomer Guest

    Why are you taking it to the shop in the first place?
    Do you really need to have it reinstalled?

    What problems are you having?

    Here are some links from Google:
    http://www.google.com/search?num=50&hl=en&lr=lang_en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-
    8&q=how+to+format+hard+drive+windows+2000&btnG=Google+Search

    Your shorter link is: http://makeashorterlink.com/?F21612BB6

    Boomer, Dec 6, 2003
  8. Eddie

    Helpneeded Guest

    Helpneeded, Dec 6, 2003
  9. Eddie

    Flying Rat Guest

    Boomer said this...
    he asked a question

    I suggested a solution (maybe not what he was expected but a solution
    nonetheless)

    and your point is....?

    Flying Rat, Dec 6, 2003
  10. Eddie

    Boomer Guest

    Ahhhh... Max to the rescue. :)

    Spheniscated? Speak to me Max. I'm listening.

    <Blessed foreigners.> ;)

    {{Max}}

    Boomer, Dec 6, 2003
  11. Eddie

    docmill Guest

    http://www.blackviper.com/Articles/OS/Install2kPro/install2kpro1.htm

    docmill, Dec 6, 2003
  12. Eddie

    Tim Weaver Guest

    Tim Weaver, Dec 6, 2003
  13. Eddie

    Boomer Guest

    Win 98 :)

    Boomer, Dec 6, 2003
  14. Eddie

    Boomer Guest

    Boomer, Dec 6, 2003
  15. Eddie

    Boomer Guest

    I do too. </snigger>

    Boomer, Dec 6, 2003
  16. Eddie

    docmill Guest

    You're welcome Eddie.
    :)

    docmill, Dec 6, 2003
  17. Eddie

    Boomer Guest

    Hehehehe! ;)

    Boomer, Dec 6, 2003
  18. Eddie

    docmill Guest

    You got my about face, tried that in a redneck bar one night with the
    quarters facing the opposite way going into the juke box. 2 nearly dead, 4
    severly wounded, 6 attended to on location, 3 engagements, and 1 couple
    both wanting to be the Dad.

    docmill, Dec 6, 2003
  19. Eddie

    Boomer Guest

    Say good night, Gracie.

    Boomer, Dec 6, 2003
  20. Eddie

    docmill Guest

    What? You don't like rock-n-roll either?
    It was an honest mistake :) *;*

    docmill, Dec 6, 2003