    hundreds of thousands of lives.

    John Kerry supported embryonic stem cell research. George Bush does
    not. Do you?

    Sparrow, Nov 5, 2004

  2. Sparrow

    Crownfield Guest

    oh sparrow brain,
    why are you cross posting off topic opinions?
    are you a misguided school child?

    Crownfield, Nov 5, 2004

  3. Sparrow

    Crusader Guest

    Thou shall not kill.

    Crusader, Nov 5, 2004
  4. Gee Sparrow, are you in a time warp? Reeve is gone and the election is
    over. By the way, Reeve was a hero beyond my understanding of human
    endurance.

    Abortions are not always demonic acts. In fact, they often exemplify the
    most caring and considerate of human acts.

    I support the scientific method as it is the only paradigm with a positive
    track record. Much of what we currently enjoy and use is due to science,
    mathematics and engineering. Religion has been nothing but trouble for
    humankind.

    Charles Schuler, Nov 5, 2004
  5. Sparrow

    george Guest

    Amen. My only remaining question is why is this being posted in
    rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.video.desktop,alt.photography.ansel-adams,
    and then soc.culture.jewish?

    george, Nov 5, 2004
  6. Sparrow. What a cute name! A better question is "Will embryonic stem cell
    research lead to a cure for stupid people who post this crap on a news group
    devoted to digital photography?"

    The Bird (just for you, Sparrow)

    Dennis D. Carter, Nov 5, 2004
  7. Except for Lot's wife........(and a few others)

    William Graham, Nov 6, 2004
  8. Sparrow

    Skip M Guest

    Arnold Swartznegger supports it too. (How embarrassing, I don't know how to
    spell my own state's governor's last name...)
    And an abortion does not have to occur for stem cells to be harvested, a
    study was just released on use of fat cells for stem cells. (San Diego Union
    Tribune, 11/3/04)

    Skip M, Nov 6, 2004
  9. Sparrow

    me Guest

    Yes I support stem cell research. If there's any justice in the world GWB
    will one day die of a disease that could have been cured by such research.
    me

    me, Nov 6, 2004
  10. Sparrow

    me Guest

    I can't think of a better place to post it.

    me, Nov 6, 2004
  11. Sparrow

    Seattle Eric Guest

    Thou shall not feed the trolls.

    Seattle Eric, Nov 6, 2004
  12. Perhaps you missed it. Alas, Mr. Reeve died few weeks ago
    from complications not primarily related to his spinal-cord
    injury.
    The key word being "potentially". So far the only stem-cell
    research that is showing any promise is with adult stem-cells.
    Actual human patients are already in clinical trials of adult
    stem-cell therapies.

    Embryonic stem-cell research is not illegal, it is just not
    funded by the US federal government. The fact that there is
    no significant privately-funded embryonic stem-cell research
    activity should give you a big clue.
    He was in congress for 20 years. What did he do about it?
    He has another 4 years, shall we watch what he does?
    Does not support federal subsidies. Please complete your
    sentences to avoid misleading people.
    There are LOTS of things that I don't support for federal funding
    and embryonic stem-cell research is certainly on the list there
    somewhere.

    Richard Crowley, Nov 6, 2004
  13. I suspect that Sparrow forgot some other newsgroups in his rush to
    post :)

    Gino

    Gene E. Bloch, Nov 6, 2004
  14. Sparrow

    Skip M Guest

    I forgot to mention that I support it, too. That is the only reason I
    replied to this obvious troll (him, not you, me.)(who's on first?). My
    mother essentially died of Alzheimer's, and anything that will keep others
    from suffering that has my vote. As it did on Tuesday, the ballot measure
    in Cal. funding stem cell research.

    Skip M, Nov 6, 2004
  15. Sparrow

    Donald Link Guest

    Good God Kerry finally stands form something. Then again tomorrow he
    will probably change his mind as he has done on most things. Kerry
    has as much substance as a ghost.

    Donald Link, Nov 6, 2004
  16. Sparrow

    GP Guest

    No it doesn't. Fetuses die naturally quite often

    GP, Nov 6, 2004
  17. Sparrow

    GP Guest

    I particularly support abortions of people who'll "grow up" to initiate
    braindead cross-posts.

    GP, Nov 6, 2004
  18. Sparrow

    Himm Guest

    stfu

    Himm, Nov 6, 2004
  19. Sparrow

    Crusader Guest

    Wrong there,she did look ,when she was advised not to do it,who`s fault was
    it?

    Crusader, Nov 6, 2004
  20. Sparrow

    Mike Guest

    Where in the world did you hear the source of stem cells is aborted fetuses?
    Major source is leftovers from invitro fertilization. Left over cells are
    given to donors or recipients,
    frozen, left to die or given for research. Do you have a scheme to use
    them to store digital images?

    Mike

    Mike, Nov 6, 2004