Staying Connected to Web with Dial-Up Connection

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Brad, Mar 15, 2006.

  1. Brad

    Brad Guest

    Hi,

    I have a dial up connection to the Web. I use Netscape 7.0 browser.
    My ISP is Verizon.

    While downloading a very large file, after a while a pop up window warns
    that I will be disconnected in 60 seconds with a "Stay Connected" button which
    I have to click. Note: In netscape preferences, "Enable keep alive" are
    checked for both "Direct" and "Proxy". I don't know if this relates to
    staying connected.

    How can I download a large file without watching for that "disconnect in
    60 seconds" warning?

    Thanks in advance, Brad

    be sure there is no active key logger (spyware) in your PC.

    Brad, Mar 15, 2006

  2. Brad

    Uplink Guest

    check the box "Don't use auto-disconnect" in the disconnect window

    Uplink, Mar 16, 2006