    the dynamic isnt working at all..
    the static nat alone is working too...but together ....no luck so far....

    can anyone help?

    kfirs Sayag, Dec 10, 2003

  2. :well I have a problem using nat on pix 501.
    :I have dynamic ip address using rj-45 to the pix (public) from my isp.

    :I have one computer with static ip address and i want that computer will use
    :static nat.
    :the other computer will access the internet using dynamic Nat.

    Do I understand correctly that you have one static public IP address
    that you want to map to an inside computer, and that you also have
    a dynamic public IP address being assigned to the outside interface?
    That would be possible but a bit tricky.

    If you only have the one single dynamically allocated public IP address,
    then you cannot do what you want. Static nat reserves all the ports:
    port #43283 on the outside interface has to correspond to port #43283
    for the inside computer being mapped to. Lather, rinse, repeat,
    and you can see that after doing a static mapping to the outside
    address, the outside has no ports available to dynamically allocate
    to those other computers.

    What you can do is use static PAT, in which only a few ports
    are mapped through to the inside computer. I do not know how to
    do that in PDM. It would be a CLI configuration line such as

    static (inside, outside) tcp interface smtp host 10.11.12.13 smtp 0 0

    Walter Roberson, Dec 10, 2003

  3. :What you can do is use static PAT, in which only a few ports
    :are mapped through to the inside computer. I do not know how to
    :do that in PDM. It would be a CLI configuration line such as

    :static (inside, outside) tcp interface smtp host 10.11.12.13 smtp 0 0

    Opps, that should be

    static (inside, outside) tcp interface smtp 10.11.12.13 smtp netmask 255.255.255.255 0 0

    Walter Roberson, Dec 10, 2003