    0
    I have two static ip address assigned to my cable modem and I have a singe linksys router. I would like to assign one static ip to the router and let it hand out the dynamic ip address to the rest of the computers on my network . and use the second ip address on my win 7 server so I can access it from the road. . I got it setup up were every thing is working but the server, it cant connect to the internet its like the router wont let it out the server has to have a static ip address

    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2012
    shanetill254, Feb 1, 2012

  2. shanetill254

    Dr_Bob

    Joined:
    May 19, 2011
    Messages:
    18
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    IL, USA
    Your ISP gave you 2 public static IPs? Are you 100% positive?

    If so you question either needs some punctuation or clarification. How do you physically have this hooked up? Does your modem have more than 1 RJ45 compatible port? Is your "Server" connected to your router which is connected to your modem?....

    Dr_Bob, Feb 3, 2012