Static IP adress for adhoc nw is not configured / shows not in "ifconfig /all" !

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by wolfi, May 13, 2006.

  1. wolfi

    wolfi Guest

    Hello,
    I am using intel proset to configure my laptop's wlan card.

    As long as I am connecting TO an network, this works fine - I set dhcp
    and the laptop will connect to any network and it works. ipconfig will
    show me all the details correctly.

    Now I want to set up an ad hoc connection between the laptop and
    another pc - therefore I configured an adhoc nw with intel proset and
    configured a static 192.168.0.1 ip-address.
    BUT: IP-Config will not show me that the ipaddress for the wlan card is
    configured.
    It only shows: Media state: not connected (but I siad "Connect" on
    intel proset!)

    Any help is very much appreciated - I am feeling really a bit stupid by
    not being able to bring thi to work.

    Best regards,
    Wolfgang

    wolfi, May 13, 2006

  2. wolfi

    Pavel A. Guest

    This is ok. WLAN cards will show media disconnected until the peer joins the network.
    Then you'll see it connected and ipconfig will show the address.
    --PA

    Pavel A., May 15, 2006