Stateful Failover

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by bensonlei, Jun 6, 2007.

  1. bensonlei

    bensonlei Guest

    Hi,

    Just learned from Cisco Document, that if I want to set up a stateful
    failover configuration between two PIX515E.

    A normal failover architect :
    1. a failover cable
    2. check if the IOS supports the failover structure by the command
    "sh ver"

    I would like to know when the command "sh ver" is valid :
    1. issue after two PIX515 are connected
    2. issue this command no matter they are connected together or not

    I found the "failover" function is disabled when I issued the command
    before two PIX515 are connected....does it mean I have to purchase a
    license upgrade ?

    Which IOS version or above will support the failover function ?

    For a stateful failover, I have to purchase:

    1. A LAN interface for each PIX
    2. the Logical Update ( LU ) software module for each PIX

    What else I have to purchase for the stateful failover ?

    Thank you very much for your kindly help.

    Cheers

    bensonlei, Jun 6, 2007