|stat| Most Popular Cameras in the Flickr Community

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by R. Rajesh Jeba Anbiah, Nov 23, 2006.

  1. FWIW, I just came across this Camera finder page in Flickr.com and
    their stats on "Most Popular Cameras in the Flickr Community"
    <http://www.flickr.com/cameras/>:
    # Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT
    # Nikon D50
    # Canon EOS 20D
    # Nikon D70
    # Canon EOS Digital Rebel

    Hope this might be interest of some.

    R. Rajesh Jeba Anbiah, Nov 23, 2006

  2. R. Rajesh Jeba Anbiah

    Mueen Nawaz Guest

    Surprising - I didn't think that many people owned DSLR's, compared
    with P&S.

    --
    "Scotty, beam us a board!" (2x4 drops from sky)

    /\ /\ /\ /
    / \/ \ u e e n / \/ a w a z anl

    Mueen Nawaz, Nov 24, 2006

  3. R. Rajesh Jeba Anbiah

    Phil Wheeler Guest

    Bad conclusion. Folks with DSLRs are likely more
    serious about their photography (lots of money in
    body and lenses) and are more likely to post to
    PBase and Flikr. Most P&S owners are more casual
    ... and may not even be aware of those sites (or
    this newgroup, for that matter).

    That's what I would conclude, anyway.

    Phil

    Phil Wheeler, Nov 24, 2006
  4. My surprise is that Canon beats Nikon in all category.

    R. Rajesh Jeba Anbiah, Nov 24, 2006
  5. R. Rajesh Jeba Anbiah

    Mueen Nawaz Guest

    That *was* the surprise. PBase, I thought, was not that well known
    among casual users. But I felt Flickr marketed itself to the casual
    photographers. I haven't tried it myself, but it just had that feel. And
    the fact that all the people I know personally who use Flickr are very
    non-serious photographers.

    --
    Cartoon Law: Any violent rearrangement of feline matter is impermanent.

    /\ /\ /\ /
    / \/ \ u e e n / \/ a w a z anl

    Mueen Nawaz, Nov 25, 2006
  6. R. Rajesh Jeba Anbiah

    ASAAR Guest

    It's likely that most of Flickr's users use P&S cameras, but
    they're probably divided amongst several hundreds of models, while
    most of the DSLR models used might amount to only several dozen.
    Considering just Canon, there are only a few DSLRs to consider, and
    they should amount to many fewer than the number of Canon P&S
    cameras used, which would include many ixus, and Powershot A-series,
    S-Series and G-series models. It would be surprising indeed for an
    individual P&S model such as an A75, A120, IXUS 500, S60 or G2 to be
    used in such high numbers that it would rise to the top of Flickr's
    usage list.

    ASAAR, Nov 25, 2006
  7. R. Rajesh Jeba Anbiah

    Phil Wheeler Guest