    Have a GREAT day,
    Thomas

    somewhere else." -- Sam Walton

    twb, Nov 21, 2004

  2. You're kidding, right?

    The easy way:

    Right click on the start menu. Select "Explore" or "Explore all users"
    (depending on what you want to do and whether or not you have admin access),
    click on "Programs" and then click on "startup." That gets you there.

    As far as where startup "is"...

    C:\Documents and Settings\(user)\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

    or

    <root>\Documents and Settings\(user)\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

    Oxford Systems, Nov 21, 2004

  3. twb

    Ditoa Guest

    There are two Startup folders in Windows 2000 and XP.

    Current User and All Users. As you can probably guess the current user
    folder only starts programs when that user logs in whereas all users
    will run regardless of who logs in.

    All Users is located in

    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

    and Current User is located in

    C:\Documents and Settings\%USERNAME%\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

    Replace %USERNAME% with your username. You can copy and paste the
    above link as %USERNAME% is a windows variable that will automatically
    be replaced with the current logged in users username.

    HTH

    Ditoa, Nov 21, 2004
  4. Rotating two electric microsigularities at high speed, we are able to
    create and modify a local gravity sinusoid thereby replicating the
    affects of a Kerr black hole.
    Stress is when you wake up screaming and you realize you haven't
    fallen asleep yet.
    The ice caps are not melting any faster now than they were in your
    time period.
    Have you considered anything else?
    A pessimist is one who builds dungeons in the air.
    A high-speed train system connects the larger cities. Roads are still
    used for cars and many people ride horses and bikes.
    A Committee is A creature with three or more legs and NO brain.
    We raise our own food and do more "farm" work. Compared to your time
    period, we work longer hours.

    Lady Chatterly, Nov 21, 2004
  5. twb

    °Mike° Guest

    I am going to assume you are looking for startup
    locations, and not just the 'Start' menu startup
    folder; see my signature.

    °Mike°, Nov 21, 2004
  6. twb

    Ditoa Guest

    Whiskey? Tango? Foxtrot?

    Ditoa, Nov 22, 2004
  7. Are you positive that is why?

    Lady Chatterly, Nov 22, 2004
  8. twb

    kitnplayn

    Joined:
    Nov 5, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    You're kidding, right? ~~~
    You know, that was really ignorant and condescending. Just because someone doesn't know everything that you do, is no reason to be rude. In fact, the "start programs" folder is not in the same place in Windows Explorer on XP as it was in Windows Explorer on Windows 98. Arrogance is the worst character trait. You could have left that comment off of your response. It served no positive purpose.

    kitnplayn, Nov 5, 2008
  9. twb

    scintillations

    Joined:
    Nov 27, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    I agree: Arrogant and ignorant

    I agree. Acting amazed that someone doesn't know where the Start folder is shows your ignorance of what is normal and expected knowledge in our culture.

    You actually think that it is normal that one would know where the start folder is. It is NOT normal to know where the start folder is.

    I suggest getting away from your computer screen for a while and joining the real world.

    scintillations, Nov 27, 2009