    the program don't have that option? I was able to do it with Autoexec
    but don't know how to do it with XP Pro
    Thanks

    ToyalP2, Feb 12, 2006

  2. ToyalP2

    why? Guest

    1st hit using www.google.com using - windows xp run once

    Other keyword searches could have saved you waiting.

    Look at the run once / run registry keys. It may be what you want.

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=314488
    How to Modify the List of Programs that Run When You Start Windows XP

    Me

    why?, Feb 12, 2006

  3. ToyalP2

    fred-bloggs Guest

    Put a shortcut to the program in
    C:\Documents and Settings\Your-user-name\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

    fred-bloggs, Feb 12, 2006
  4. ToyalP2

    Vanguard Guest

    Put a shortcut to it in the Startup group (in your Start menu). If you
    don't want it to show its window, and especially if it minimizes to a tray
    icon rather than a taskbar button, look at the shortcut's properties and set
    to Minimize for window size. The program may also offer command-line
    switches you can use in this scenario, but you never bothered to identify
    the program.

    Put a command to load it in the Run registry key. You can put it in the
    user (just for you) or local machine (for every account) Run key.

    Add an event in Task Scheduler to load the program on login.

    Add it to your startup script for your profile. Use the group policy editor
    (gpedit.msc) to see your startup/shutdown scripts under the node "Computer
    Configuration -> Windows Settings -> Scripts (Startup/Shutdown)".

    Vanguard, Feb 12, 2006
  5. ToyalP2

    ToyalP2 Guest

    THANKS! those were great tips, I draged the shortcut of the program to
    the startup group and made it minimized and it's working just as I
    wanted.
    T H A N K S !

    ToyalP2, Feb 13, 2006