    I am just starting out with finding out what i need to study to pass the
    MCDST. Anyone know what courses/books would be good to study?

    Gary

    Gary, Jan 24, 2010

  2. Gary

    shaneomac Guest

    Hi,

    I passed both exams for the MCDST just this week. The Microsoft books for
    the course were very helpful, I don't know where to
    get them from but I'm sure there will be something on the Microsoft site
    somewhere that can help you with that; if not then auction sites or amazon
    might be an area to try.

    I also found doing a lot of practice tests helped a lot! I used:
    http://www.measureup.com which you do have to pay for but it gives you some
    very good questions and explainations to the questions, so you aren't just
    learning to memorize the questions you learn the reasoning behind why
    answers are the answers. In addition to using this I used Pass4Sure. This
    also gives you a lot of practice questions that came in handy throughout my
    course.

    Hope this somewhat helps you.

    shaneomac, Jan 24, 2010

  3. Gary

    Kris Guest

    Hi Gary, I just passed the 70.271. I found the textbook "MCDST Self-Paced
    Training Kit (Exam 70-271)" to be rather helpful (I ordered the book from
    Amazon). The text contains practice tests and such. My advice would be to
    read the whole book a couple times and go to every Microsoft "knowledge base"
    the book suggests and read everything.

    I went into this with little previous IT experience, but I now feel fairly
    prepared for working a helpdesk/etc..

    Good Luck!

    Kris, Jan 26, 2010
  4. Gary

    Geoff Guest

    Hi Gary,

    Same as the other replys I used the Self-Paced Training Kits for both exams.
    I also ordered them on Amazon and found the resources very valueable. Going
    through the text and using the practice exams, that's really what I
    recommend.

    Geoff.

    Geoff, Feb 3, 2010