    path is going to come in, do you reckon it's worth to take the old
    MCAD? Or should I wait for the new cert path to come in and take that
    one?

    victor, Oct 27, 2005

  2. victor

    DST Guest

    If you're starting from zero, it will depend on your planning. When do
    you plan to start en when do you plan to take your first exam?

    DST

    DST, Oct 27, 2005

  3. victor

    victor Guest

    I've started my study for 70-316 planning to take the first exam mid
    next month. I'm aiming to complete the set mid next year.

    victor, Oct 27, 2005
  4. victor

    DST Guest

    1) the current exams giving credit towards MCAD will not be retired
    before June 2007 (read why here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcpexams/status/retired.asp)

    2) the new exams giving credit towards MCPD will be made available
    starting January 2006. But I don't expect that all exams will be made
    available in January, since these exams will be in beta from November
    2005 through the first half of 2006.

    If you can afford paying for an extra exam, I would recommend you to
    take the MCAD exams (3) and then 1 upgrade exam to MCPD (web or
    windows).

    Starting to study and having planned your exams are important steps,
    delaying could make you lose your focus.

    And if your new cert is important to you to get a new job, think about
    this: the HR personnel will also have to catch up and know that MCPD
    (web or windows) is the new cert replacing MCAD.

    DST

    DST, Oct 27, 2005
  5. victor

    shiv_koirala Guest

    shiv_koirala, Oct 28, 2005
  6. victor

    abcd Guest

    Sometimes employers like to see your progressive hands on experience like VS
    6.0, VS 2003, then VS 2005. I will say go for current MCAD. Books are cheap
    now for this track. U can easily get good books cheaper....

    cheers !

    abcd, Nov 8, 2005