Starting a community?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by stlava, Jul 1, 2005.

1. stlava

stlava

I'm starting a movie making community but I was wondering do you guys have any suggestion or tips? I mean how do you get people intreted and everything.. I can't have a giveaway cause we're non profit but need to find a way of getting people intreted. Anyway my community would make movie in games.

stlava, Jul 1, 2005
    1. Advertisements

2. stlava

m1k30rz

I have created many successful community forums in very short periods of time, and i've found the best way is word of mouth.
    Tell all your friends to register and post even if they arent interested in the topic get them to post in the offtopic category, then tell them to tell all their friends, etc.
    Then now that your forum looks fairly active contact some places related to your forum, eg I contacted vBulletin for my webmaster forum. And ask them if they'd like to give something away for sponsorship on one of your contests, then run a referal contest and the person with the most referals gets the prize :) This will increase your member count substancially and many will stay :)

m1k30rz, Jul 1, 2005
    1. Advertisements

3. stlava

stlava

But the thing is my community is for specific people...

stlava, Jul 1, 2005
  4. stlava

unholy

i would come... :D i love to make movies in games!!!! i bet u saw red vs blue that is just funny as hell :D

unholy, Jul 1, 2005
  5. stlava

stlava

Yup RvB.. great series.. I'm making a constitution thing right now..

stlava, Jul 1, 2005
  6. stlava

unholy

:D i haVE some recording of hog warz in halo... and snaping the wall :D ( the Prison wall in blood gulch :D)

unholy, Jul 1, 2005
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question