    Likes Received:
    0
    I'm starting a movie making community but I was wondering do you guys have any suggestion or tips? I mean how do you get people intreted and everything.. I can't have a giveaway cause we're non profit but need to find a way of getting people intreted. Anyway my community would make movie in games.

    stlava, Jul 1, 2005

  2. stlava

    m1k30rz

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2005
    Messages:
    57
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    New Zealand
    I have created many successful community forums in very short periods of time, and i've found the best way is word of mouth.
    Tell all your friends to register and post even if they arent interested in the topic get them to post in the offtopic category, then tell them to tell all their friends, etc.
    Then now that your forum looks fairly active contact some places related to your forum, eg I contacted vBulletin for my webmaster forum. And ask them if they'd like to give something away for sponsorship on one of your contests, then run a referal contest and the person with the most referals gets the prize :) This will increase your member count substancially and many will stay :)

    m1k30rz, Jul 1, 2005

  3. stlava

    stlava

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    126
    Likes Received:
    0
    But the thing is my community is for specific people...

    stlava, Jul 1, 2005
  4. stlava

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    i would come... :D i love to make movies in games!!!! i bet u saw red vs blue that is just funny as hell :D

    unholy, Jul 1, 2005
  5. stlava

    stlava

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    126
    Likes Received:
    0
    Yup RvB.. great series.. I'm making a constitution thing right now..

    stlava, Jul 1, 2005
  6. stlava

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    :D i haVE some recording of hog warz in halo... and snaping the wall :D ( the Prison wall in blood gulch :D)

    unholy, Jul 1, 2005