    mode.

    In addition, I shut down the computer much more often than putting it to
    sleep.

    fs_fan, Apr 3, 2008

  2. fs_fan

    Theo Guest

    What OS do you have that the red button puts the computer in
    the sleep mode?

    Mine requires the yellow button to go to the sleep mode.

    Theo, Apr 3, 2008

  3. fs_fan

    John Barnes Guest

    Go to Control Panel and type power in the search, select change what the
    power buttons do.

    John Barnes, Apr 3, 2008
  4. fs_fan

    fs_fan Guest

    Sorry, I'm using Vista HP x64.

    I've checked Control Panel and power button is set to shut down and the
    other to sleep mode.
    Just to clarify, because my OS is Portuguese, there's shut down (turn off
    the computer), hibernate (save session and turn off computer) and sleep
    (low-power mode). Is this correct.
    Don't these Control Panel settings refer to keyboard keys?

    And yeah, just noticed the button is yellow, but when not selected it seems
    red...

    fs_fan, Apr 3, 2008
  5. fs_fan

    Jane C Guest

    Hi fs_fan,

    Go to Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options then Change Plan
    Settings. Click on the blue hyperlink "Change advanced power settings".
    Expand Power buttons and lid. Expand Start menu power button and change it
    to shutdown.

    Jane C, Apr 3, 2008
  6. fs_fan

    fs_fan Guest