    When I place the mouse arrow over the Start button and right click, both the
    Open and Explorer entries are greyed out. What do I do to get the normal
    writing back in?

    mark mandel, Aug 10, 2004

  2. mark  mandel

    Unk Guest

    When you right-click the Start button, the Open and Explore commands may be
    unavailable.
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q188209

    Click Start, Settings, Control Panel, TweakUI. Click the "My Computer" tab,
    and check any cleared check boxes to select them all.
    Click Apply, and then click Close.
    Restart your computer.

    Tweakui Version 1.33.0.0
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsme/guide/tweakui.exe
    http://download.microsoft.com/download/winme/Install/1.0/WinMe/EN-US/Tweakui.exe
    http://www.microsoft.com/ntworkstation/downloads/PowerToys/Networking/
    http://www.microsoft.com/ntworkstation/downloads/PowerToys/Networking/NTTweakUI.asp
    http://msie.conactive.com/files/powertoys/tweakui.zip

    Microsost TweakUI specifically for Windows XP
    http://download.microsoft.com/download/whistler/Install/2/WXP/EN-US/TweakUiPowertoySetup.exe

    Unk, Aug 10, 2004