    overlooked in the press release? Any info on this topic would be much
    appreciated.

    Robert

    Robert, Apr 27, 2004

  2. Robert

    john33907 Guest

    Those will be included in the next set or the following set or the
    one after that.

    john33907, Apr 28, 2004

  3. Robert

    Dennis Kuhn Guest

    (Just in case you didn't know this)
    If you buy the double-CD Behind The Magic program, you can see a
    couple of roughly-edited extremely dirty prints of three or four
    scenes from A New Hope. I was pretty disappointed in these clips
    mostly because they were black and white, no attempt seemed to have
    been made to clean up the picture or sound. Oh, and that there was
    nothing from Empire or Jedi included at all.

    When the Special Editions were released, Lucas reinstated footage of
    Biggs running into Luke at the Yavin rebel base. I was frustrated
    that this was put back in, but Biggs's FIRST scene was still on the
    cutting room floor. I figured, if you're going to show the reunion of
    the best friends, why not show the scene where Biggs tells Luke that
    he's going to try to find the rebels?

    Well, the clips on the CD-ROM include that scene, and as cool as it
    was to finally see it... the performance was less than it could have
    been. Even with editing to make the scene move along more quickly, it
    would've really slowed down the movie's storytelling.

    My guess is that any previous mentions about deleted scenes on the
    upcoming DVD set were either referring to the added footage put into
    the Special Edition releases, or were just speculation. However, I'm
    prepared to be pleasantly surprised... I just won't be holding my
    breath.

    Dennis

    Dennis Kuhn, Apr 28, 2004
  4. Robert

    Blargh Guest

    If the Biggs/Luke scene on Tatooine as well as the Toshi Station scene are
    available, I'll be elated! Was there ever a Beggar's Canyon scene?

    Blargh, Apr 28, 2004
  5. Robert

    Eric R. Guest

    It couldn't have been any worse than the Jabba scene.

    -Eric

    Eric R., Apr 29, 2004
  6. Robert

    Dennis Kuhn Guest

    Yeah, it's just how I chose to make my point. I think a LOT of fans
    who are interested in the deleted scenes had the same thought process
    that I did, so I explained how I felt about the clip by putting it
    into context. I wasn't posing a question to the group. Sorry if that
    wasn't clear.

    Dennis

    Dennis Kuhn, Apr 29, 2004
  7. Robert

    Dennis Kuhn Guest

    The Toshi Station stuff is there, including the girl who tosses Luke's
    macrobinoculars to him casually and flirts with Fixer. There's also a
    short clip of Luke and the treadwell droid by the vaporator. Luke's
    wearing the floppy "Gilligan" hat you may have seen in promotional
    photos (like on the bubblegum cards).

    No Beggar's Canyon, though. I think the radio play version of that is
    really effective, though. I'd like to see the fan video makers out
    there try to re-create the skyhopper race someday.

    There's also a longer rough cut of the cantina scene that has the
    original audio, so you can hear the british actors saying the lines
    you've grown so accustomed to hearing with american accents. It turns
    out that Han was sitting with a girl before talking to Ben & Luke.

    Dennis

    Dennis Kuhn, Apr 29, 2004
  8. Robert

    The General Guest

    ....but you just answered your own question, Dennis.

    The General, Apr 29, 2004
  9. Robert

    GMAN Guest

    So han was trying to get some nookie but Chewabaka thought that he said
    wookie?

    GMAN, May 7, 2004